MT1300 repeater mode

Why I cant connect to AC wifi networks in repeater mode? When I try to scan only b/g networks show up

You should be able to. Does MT1300’s own 5G wifi work?

Same issue for me. When changing the network mode to ‘Extender’ only 2.4Ghz networks show up. Current Version installed is 3.200

Ok, an update. I got it to see my 5 GHz network on the ‘Extender’ screen BUT it can’t connect to it. It just thinks for about 30 seconds and then gives a generic error. This is regardless of what encryption type I set (or none at all). To get it to be seen I had to set the network to “A-only” on my primary DD-WRT router.

MT1300 3.200 has some bugs in repeater mode. It will not see 2.4G or 5G when you are connecting to its wifi. But when connecting lan cable it should be ok.

It is fixed in 3.201 snapshot.

I find that I can connect it to a 2.4G network but it only lasts for a couple of days before it disconnects and I have to reset to Router mode, then setup Extender again. Thanks alzhao, looking forward to the release of 3.201.

This is interesting… because mine has been working for 25 days without rebooting (and the last reboot had nothing to do with the repeater stability). It is way more stable than my ISP-provided router (which is a joke in comparison).

1 Like

@funfun: Is that with 2.4G or 5G? Is the other an Atheros based router or something else? Mine is a Netgear R7000 (Broadcom chipset). It was also a joke until I installed DD-WRT, now it’s rock solid

The ISP-provided one is a Vodafone Station (Arris tg3442de) (sh*ttiest device on Earth I think). A quick search didn’t give me which chipset it is using.

I connect to it via 2.4 GHz and then broadcast a different SSID on the beryl on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. I use it with adblock and sometimes a wireguard server and sometimes a wireguard client.

I’m very happy to report that, since I’ve stopped using my VPN provider’s client on my Linux PC, my Beryl MT1300 has so far been up and working happily for a record 6 days in ‘Extender’ mode! Instead of the provider’s client I’ve been using Wireguard’s ‘wg-quick’ setup script.

@kingtson: sorry if I hijacked your thread. Have you tried separating your 2.4G and 5G networks into distinct SSID’s? My MT1300 has been working OK so far connect to my 2.4G network. What’s the make and model of your primary router/AP?

1 Like