MT3000 does not show ANY wifi (repeater)

Hi there,

I have an Beryl MT 3000 with the latest firmware 4.2.3. I tested the router at home in The Netherlands and with with a public wifi (with captive portal) and all worked fine. I’m on vacation now in France, and try to connect to the camping wifi. In the admin-page when I try to connect to repeater, it does not show ANY wifi SSID. I tried differtent Country codes (via luci) I tried also my own iPhone setting in wifi tethering-mode, does not show up. tried my wife’s Samsung S21 in wifi tethering mode, does not show up… I factory resetted the Beryl, with no result. I found the function, to goto: http://192.168.8.1/cgi-bin/luci/admin/network/wireless and do a scan there. In there I see all the wifi SSID available and around me…

tried to connect there, but don’t know which settings must be made there…

Can anybody help me?

1 Like

Can you successfully connect to the campsite’s hot stop/AP via one of your mobile devices?

Yes, I can connect auccesfully with my phone directly

… but you don’t see the campsite AP listed via the Beryl AX using GL GUI → Internet → Repeater → Connect? You shouldn’t need LuCI for this if it is a straightforward hotspot. Can your phone connect to Beryl AX (read: are the radios on? GL GUI → Wireless)?

but you don’t see the campsite AP listed via the Beryl AX using GL GUI → Internet → Repeater → Connect?

Indeed, the list is empty, also my own hotspot or my wife’s hotspot is not seen there.

You shouldn’t need LuCI for this if it is a straightforward hotspot.

I know, but you try things

Can your phone connect to Beryl AX (read: are the radios on? GL GUI → Wireless)?

Yes ofcourse, how would I else be in the admin page? :blush::+1:t2:

Same issue here. The repeater feature broke with the 4.2.3 update.

Oke, so I’m not the only one….

I did update to 4.2.3 after the first sucessfull repeater test. Should that be the issue?? Is it possible roll back to 4.2.2?

The repeater feature has always been broken on these devices and flakey at the best of times. I had reported major similar problems with it in the past (one of my feedbacks was just a few days the flagship AXT1800 came out) and it is quite hard to believe that people are still having major issues up to this day. Really frustrating when one is trying to support this brand.

1 Like

51PBc6SLkLL.AC_SL1300

(Heh. You did ask!)

Yeah, you should be able to downgrade. Check the bottom of the GL product page, firmware. Upload the previous version via GL GUI → System → Upgrade → Local Upgrade .

1 Like

Thanks! Downgrading to 4.2.2 fixed it :grinning:

1 Like

Please fix this once forever. Ran into the same problem with 4.5.0. It used to work fine before upgrading to 4.5.0 but now even the downgrade doesn’t help.

I am on vacation and there are a lot of access point to the same Wi-Fi network. However, no Wi-Fi networks are discovered. Zero. Maybe that has something to do with the root cause.

1 Like

Do you see Wi-Fis by using luci?

I had the same problem again when i was in Portugal this week. No matter what I did, no wifi detected. Yes via cli and scan the other wifi ARE there!

I fixed it, by once using the wanncable. (There was a cable modem in the appertement. After that trying the repeater, it found the wifi to use as a repeater…

I ran into this issue after moving from one Airbnb to another in Europe. I couldn’t see any WIFI routers using 4.5.0. I tried downgrading to 4.4.6, but still couldn’t see any. I downgraded to 4.2.2 as mentioned here and I could see all the WIFI networks. Pretty sad actually. 8 months later and still no fix for this!

On the positive side, at least it was really easy to find the firmware downloads and downgrade without any hassle.

1 Like

The same happened to mine Beryl AX. It was working fine… till 2 days ago. It can’t see any network via GL interface but it does via LuCI. As you guys mentioned - upgrading to 4.5.16 didn’t help :frowning:
Trying 4.6.0 snapshot if this doesn’t help I revet to 4.2.2 :cold_face:

------- UPDATE
it worked for me @4.6.0 snapshot :open_hands: let’s see for how long though…

1 Like