mt300n-V2, 2.261, repeater mode Autoconnect not working

I bought this device because it can store more than one SSID/AP as a connection. I was hoping that it would automatically switch to an active AP when another one disappears but it isn’t doing that. Here’s what I set up.

• set up one connection in repeater WISP mode to my home’s wifi network. It connects fine and I can see the internet.

-I set up another connection in repeater WISP mode to my cell phone’s hotspot. It connects fine and I can see the internet.

-I then disabled my phone’s hotspot. The MT300N-V2 just sat there with no connection. Even after rebooting it will not make a connection to the home wifi.

I am going to connect the MT300N-V2 to a device that is not a computer (ham radio gateway device). I won’t be able to select saved access points with that device.

Does this product not work to automatically connect to another AP when the one it was connected do goes away?

>>> Does this product not work to automatically connect to another AP when the one it was connected do goes away?

Yes, if you have saved it in the GL UI first.

hmm, definitely wasn’t working when there were 2 entries.

Probably worth checking the version of installed firmware

I updated the unit to 2.261 when I received it. Perhaps I should roll back to 2.26 and see if that works like it should.

I reflashed with FW 2.26 and have the same problem. My unit will not automatically connect to another saved access point when the current one is no longer present.

My problems are solved - I just received the regular Mango, non-V2, and it works fine. No issues connecting with another AP when the current one goes away. Also menus are working correctly as is the advanced menu for wireless.

I’m disappointed with the -V2 and lack of testing done before it was released.

Can you share more info?

For example, the length of the SSID and is there any specific characters?

We will test more for this issue for MT300N-V2

AP #1, home wifi router, SSID length 4, no special characters in SSID or password (12 characters)

AP #2, iphone 6, SSID length 11, no special characters (one space) in SSID or password (12 characters)

My test

1. set up 2 saved repeater entries in the Mango -V2, home wifi and cellphone hotspot
  2. While home and having both wifi connections visible, turn on the cellphone's hotspot
  3. In the -V2 saved connection menu I click on 'connect' for the SSID of the cellphone.
  4. Wait for the summary screen to show a connection has been made
  5. Verify I have internet access (the iphone also shows that a connection is made).
  6. Turn off the cellphone's hotspot. Internet is lost
  7. Wait for the -V2 to switch over to the home wifi - it never does
  8. Power cycle the -V2 with only the home wifi running - still does not make a connection to the home wifi

I have done the above steps with my cellphone and my work’s wifi with the same results.

We will test in more detail about the repeater manager in MT300N-V2