Mt300n-v2 gpio

For some of your Routers the specs show the pinout of the PCB, unfortunately not so for the MT300N-V2. The User Guide doesn’t either.

I would like to employ the device in a stationary Server role, connecting a USB cam and a temperature/humidity sensor (BME280 via I2C). Before I try anything I want to assemble as much information as I can for driving the sensor in this environment. Would I need, for example, a special driver for the device, or is some generic driver sufficient?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Please check

@alzhao: Thank you, that really helps.

The rest of my questions I should probably ask in the Software Forum…

What is J8 on the board for?

I’m new here. i have a MT300N-V2 in the mail. I am reading up and getting ready to do some simple hardware hacking.

The web site says “4 GPIOs for more DIY fun”. I have found the PCB pinout of the header showing:

• GPIO13 = RX0
  • GPIO12 = TX0
  • GPIO4 = I2C_SCLK
  • GPIO5 = I2C_SD
  • GPIO45 = TX1
  • GPIO46 = RX1

Which of the pins are available. I want to hook up a GPS module TX and RX to a 3.3V UART and the GPS PPS signal to an interrupt-driven GPIO input.

I intend building a Stratum 1 NTP reference clock. I have just made one using a Raspberry Pi Zero W. It is better than internet NTP servers, but the jitter on the wireless interface is larger than I like

OK. The MT300N-V2 arrived today. Soldered in a header and had a poke around. By default with the 2.27 firmware, GPIO4 GPIO5 GPIO45 and GPIO46 on the inner row of the header are all available. As described in https://openwrt.org/docs/techref/hardware/port.gpio I was able to enable and toggle them using

# echo "4" > /sys/class/gpio/export
# echo "out" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio4/direction
# echo "0" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio4/value
# echo "1" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio4/value

… and similarly for the other pins. Output confirmed with a LED and a voltmeter.

OK. Hope you have a good DIY journey.

Thanks. I will have fun as this is all about the journey. I learn by doing.