MT300nV2, 3.201 and LEDs

First off great to be able to play with 3.2

Put it on a Mango and seems to be working fine. Lots of errors in Luci but that’s been discussed elsewhere.

I did notice all three leds are lit white. I had experimented with S2S successfully but wasn’t looking at the lights.

I’ve disconnected the S2S (but didn’t deleted in goodcloud). I noticed this morning all three leds were on, which is the first time I’ve seen a Mango do that. (I have about 50 in the field)

This is cool, so I went into Luci to check out the LED settings and only two of them appear to be programmed.

No problem just a curiosity. Did I miss some doc somewhere that explains the default lights? Are they different in 3.2? I’m sure you’ll doc that somewhere eventually.

Programmable LEDs may seem silly, but in certain environments they can be quite informative so we’re interested in learning the LEDs on all the GL products. I was just playing with tis one this morning.

Keep up the good work. GL stuff makes a difference for me in my biz.

I think the power LED is not programmable and is just solid. So there are only two LED configurations.

In the previous version of the firmware, the LEDs could be configured, in fact I had the central LED configured to blink the LAN connection, but now it does not.

You can still do it

Pls note when you apply from luci seems it does not take effect. So you can doe /etc/init.d/led restart or just reboot the router.

Thank you very much for the information.
This link is also very useful. https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/base-system/led_configuration

In the above image - what is switch speed mask? frequency of blinking or 100mb / 10mb or…?

Switch Connectivity

The LED is on if a link on one of the configured switch ports is established.

Name Type Required Default Description
default integer no 0 LED state before trigger: 0 means OFF and 1 means ON
sysfs string yes (none) LED device name
port_mask integer no 0 Hexadecimal bit mask that encodes the regarded switch ports
speed_mask integer no (none) Hexadecimal bit mask that filters ethernet speeds
trigger string yes (none) switch0

Consider for example a port_mask of 0x1e, which is 00011110 in binary. From right to left, this excludes CPU, includes four switch ports and sets the remaining bits to 0 to exclude further ports (e.g. because there are no more physical ports).

speed_mask assigns a bit for standard BASE-T speeds. With this it’s possible to trigger an LED only on specific speeds, for example amber for 100mbps and green for gigabit.

Bit assignments for speed_mask are as follows:

• [0] 0x01 - Unknown speed or cable/link problem

• [1] 0x02 - 10BASE-T

• [2] 0x04 - 100BASE-T

• [3] 0x08 - 1000BASE-T

• bits 4-7 reserved for future expansion and dont do anything.

For example a speed_mask of 0x0C, which is 00001100 in binary, will only trigger the LED when the speed is 100BASE-T or 1000BASE-T. We can then apply the inverse 0x03 (binary 00000011) to another LED, effectively getting different colors/leds to flash depending on the connection speed.