MT6000 - how to install Portainer or Nginx

Hello everyone. It’s my first post, please be gentle.
I recently purchased the MT6000, and I have basic Openwrt experience. I would like to know if it is possible to install Portainer and consequently NGINX on this router. In case it is not possible to install portainer, at least understand (if someone has the patience to explain it to me), how to install and which one to install among the plugins present on the router or on luci and how to then access the NGINX GUI. Today I tried to install NGINX but the result was that I can no longer access the router. I don’t know if it’s a router defect or something happened that escapes me. Could anyone give me some pointers? I would be infinitely grateful to you.

I believe nginx is already natively installed on the router. I don’t have that particular router, so I can’t say for sure.

1 Like

nginx is already installed.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. However, how do I access the GUI interface?
Forgive me, but I used Nginxn docker container in the past and used the IP address of the NAS followed by port 80 to access it if I’m not mistaken. Here instead?
Thanks again for your patience too.

Since nginx is already in use by the GL GUI and luci you need to edit the config in /etc/nginx accordingly. I don’t know about Portainer so I can’t help you, sorry.

Please keep in mind that the nginx config will be reset if you install firmware updates. I would not recommend to use the router for this stuff.

1 Like

Thanks again for the response and thanks for alerting me to the issue of configuration loss updates. My intent is to achieve what is described in this Video
Maybe there is an even simpler way. I don’t know at the moment, so I have to study. Thanks, really kind.

I suggest you to use a fanless miniPC for this type of software.