Mudi GL-E750 Mini Review

Travel kit. All slotted into a Thule Subterra Mini Travel Bag.

Google Photos
Google Photos

If you are going to charge your phone with the Mudi you will have to turn the Mudi on and it’s not exactly going to be a fast charge… But in a pinch… :wink:

1 Like

This is done by purpose. Smartphone are like this.

Do you think it should be just off?

@alzhao

I don’t think I’ve ever had a mobile phone (and I’ve had them since my first brick NEC 9B) :joy: or a PDA (Palm Pilot 100) that when it is turned off and plugged into the power turns itself on?

Normally if it’s off then it shows a battery charging indicator only.

Normally if I’m plugging in the Mudi it would be to charge it up only. As I say if youre not aware of this you may find the Mudi flat when you really want to use it.

Yes. Android phones only start up partially, into their battery charging mode. You need to hold the power button to power it on. I personally think the Mudi should also be turned off. It can show an indicator on the screen that it is charging, but not have the router features on at all.

Any idea if the usb supports drives over 2TB?
I currently use my GL-MIFI as a portable cloud drive but I am hoping the mudi may support more drives.
Thanks in advance.

Doesn’t your wifi support 2TB?

you can turn the mudi off again (pressing the power button long) while charging

personally, i don’t need the mudi to auto-on when i plug in the usb-c power, if i need it on, i can press the power button myself

2 Likes

I agree. Not to turn on automatically when plug-in power is better than auto-on. We can have the choice.

1 Like

OK. We will release firmware upgrade which will let you choose.

Would that firmware upgrade and option also be possible for the GL-Mifi? It is not an urgent priority, but I do find myself turning off the unit every time I begin charging, like the users of the Mudi above.

Sorry MiFi is not programmable in the power part.

I am disappointed because I bought the GL-MiFi 4G Smart Router that was a waste of money 6 months ago. Now here is this device and I wonder if it is any better in terms of speed.

Speed may mean:

VPN speed
LTE speed
WiFi speed
Ethernet speed

So pls specify. It is better that you just give you requirement of the numbers.

How easy is it to swap the PCIe modem for another one? I plan to travel to different regions and I don’t want to purchase and carry multiple devices. I want to purchase multiple PCIe cards instead.

@virtu789

Maybe you should considering getting the Eg25-G which is the "global’ modem and covers more of the bands. I use an EP06-E optimised for here in Australia but when I travel will swap in a eg25-g. Once for the whole trip, then swap back out on my return😂

That’s what I was looking for, but their sales told me they don’t offer a global version…

However after your suggestion I searched their store and found what I think you are referring to:

But… I don’t see the G version listed in the specs…I need to check the bands to see how truly global it is…for example, will it work in Japan? they have a separate card just for Japan, must be a reason for that too…

@virtu789
Funny you mention Japan, my son just went there this year to work in at Universal Studios. He was very disappoint as to why his Aussie phone wouldn’t work there. He ended up buying a Umidigi in Japan which works a treat because it has the correct bands :slight_smile:

You’d be best to check your prefered Japanese Telco band support and match it against the EG25-G to see if it supports the appropriate bands.

If I look at the EC25-J specs for Japan and compare to the EG25-G looks like all the bands in the “Japan only” module are covered. I think Band 18/19 are the “illusive” bands on many devices especially for Docomo.

(Now more interested since I intend to go see son WHEN everything settles down and take my Mudi (with EC25-G) :slight_smile:

Thanks, this is very useful to know!

Where did you get the specs for the G model - do you have the link so I can see the whole worksheet?

The second link @limbot posted has the bands at the bottom: