Mudi (GL-E750) Replacement

Dear Forum-Members,

does anyone has an Idea where I can get an replacement accu (european reseller prefered) for my not charging and blown up accu pack inside of the Mudi travel router?

After 4 years it was not charging and bringing up the router again, what is completly ok. What I see as really poor customer service is that Gl-Inet is not providing a exchange part that could be bought on a device that is still on sale. Recommandation instead of buying a new 20-50€/$ part that could easily replaced, buy a new 200€ device. Not really eco and customer friendly move.

So anyone an idea to get this accu with fitting size and connectivity? Yep I used google :wink:

1 Like

Hello Nekekami,

Sincerely sorry for this inconvenience taken anyway.

Actualy we don’t sell the battery on our store, since the shippment for the battery would be a really trouble, and it is inavailable on most conditions, different from shippment within the device as a part.

Besides that, the replacement of the battery would also be a difficult work, and easily causing the device broke down, which is really annoying.

Thus it is not recommended to take the action to replace the battery by yourself.

I think you can drop a email to cs@gl-inet.com about your condition and they may opper you some other workaround.

1 Like

Dear GL.Inet,

thank you for your reply but I already done with the hope that I get an exchange from you. As accu packs not a unicorn my hope was that someone in the community has an idea where I can get one without you.

My degree in rocket since included a course in “screwdriving”, “open up plastic covers” and “unplugging a cable”. I don´t get an A in it but I´ve fine with my C-. What should I say: The router is opened, accu pack is removed and still working with an external powerbank plugged in on the USB port.

But I don´t want to carry the router and a powerbank all the time so if someone in this community has found an external supplier that is dealing with the high risk of shipping accu packs please let me know.

3 Likes

Seriously, a more right to repair conscious approach would be appreciated by the entire userbase

2 Likes

Has anyone managed to find a replacement for the battery?
According to customer support, it’s a custom one built for the device and refused to give any specs about it.
Instead, they suggest to buy the new version of the E750… :-/
Really… then I rather prefer digging into alternate products with better repair/replacement possibilities…
Wouldn’t be possible for GL.Inet to provide replacement batteries for customers?

1 Like