Nano Syntax Highlight

Hey,

I have a GL-AR750S-EXT Slate with firmware 3.216 installed. This firmware uses OpenWRT v19.07.8.

I have installed nano through the opkg package manager using the gl-inet distfeeds but it seems you do not have the latest version of nano which supports syntax highlighting. The version pull from your servers was v5.8 but support came for syntax highlighting in v5.9.

I have tried to pull a newer version of nano-full using wget from Index of /releases/19.07.8/packages/x86_64/packages/ but when I try to install I get:

Unknown package 'nano-full'.
Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for nano-full found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package nano-full.

Is there a way around this to install the package without having to upgrade to OpenWRT newer version. I like also having access to the GL .iNet firmware as the UI is great and phone app integration.

Thanks

1 Like

Ahh my bad, I figured this one out.

I pulled the package from the wrong arch URL on OpenWRT.

I needed the package from here: https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/19.07.8/packages/mips_24kc/packages/nano-full_6.2-1_mips_24kc.ipk

Hope this helps someone else!

A better solution was that I was able to install firmware 4.2.2 beta1 on my GL-AR750S-EXT Slate so now I have the new firmware and OpenWRT v22.03.2!