Native SQM Seperate Ingress/Egress Shaping

Hi!

Just some feedback for a UI improvement on the native SQM page, currently just using sqm-luci to achieve this.

but can you guys allow seperate download/upload shaping, example being I have 2Gbit down but only have 100mbit up (thanks docsis) so I only do shaping on my egress traffic but have ingress set to 0 so theres no shaping being applied to the download. current world it only allows 1-10000 through the native glinet gui.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We have recorded this request and passed it to our product team.

For now, please continue using luci-app-sqm or UCI to adjust the SQM configuration. Alternatively, you can effectively disable inbound shaping in the GL.iNet Admin Panel by setting the download bandwidth much higher than your actual WAN speed—for example, 10000 Mbps (10 Gbps ).

Hi Will,

I just tried to set it to 10gbit through the GUI for the download, but it still applies shaping to the queue which effectively pins the CPU to 100% limiting it to around 900mbit~. setting 0 for ingress in luci allows me to get the full 2gbit download but still applies SQM to the 100mbit upload speeds I get.

I’ll keep using luci for now since I can completely disable the download queue.