Need a hint about getting TinyProxy going

I don’t know specifics of GliNet busybox and OpenWRT implementation, but I logged into shell and ran:
opkg update
opkg install tinyproxy

That worked fine but I can’t edit /etc/config as it’s read-only.

If I attempt:
tinyproxy -d

then I get tinyproxy: Could not open config file “/etc/tinyproxy.conf” but I can’t create an /etc/tinyproxy.conf on the read-only file system.

Is there some documentation to help me get kickstarted? Everybody on forum seems to already know so a noob can’t get much more info.

Which model are you using?

Once it says read-only, the filesystem might be mounted in tmp, or the flash is full.

You can ssh to the router, and execute the command: df -h, show the output here. You also can try to reset to factory settings, it should work.

MT-300N-V2
Yes, it had maxed file system when I was installing other packages. Reverted firmware and reloaded fine. Thanks.
Then, I did:
opkg update
opkg install tinyproxy
vi /etc/tinyproxy.conf
tinyproxy -d
and tested from another computer with:
curl -v --proxy http://192.168.8.1:8888 https://icanhazip.com/
and got the IP of Mango’s WAN hotspot so it worked fine.

But how can I get the service to startup at boot? I went to luci and selected tinyproxy but luci commands don’t seem to work. What’s the GL.iNet way of setting this up? I noticed tinyproxy was listed in init.d:
root@GL-MT300N-V2:~# ll /etc/init.d/ | grep tinyproxy
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3422 Jul 26 2018 tinyproxy*
but a reboot doesn’t start the service. I’m confused.

Figured it out. Noob here about uci but apparently that was not enabled.
uci show tinyproxy
tinyproxy.@tinyproxy[0].enabled='1'
uci commit tinyproxy

Glad to hear it worked and thanks for let me know.

Maybe you also can execute /etc/init.d/tinyproxy enable to enable boot automatically.

Are you pleased with the performance of tinyproxy? When I use it as a proxy, my laptop goes from 3 seconds to load msn.com to 30+ seconds. Complex web sites are epically slow via tinyproxy on my GL-AR750s.