Need your help in testing Flint 2 (GL-MT6000) new beta firmware v4.5.7

HI. Is fw 4.5.7 dated 05-03-2024 based on openwrt 23.05?

27 posts were split to a new topic: Flint 2 - Beta 4.5.7 Wi-Fi power?

I just upgrade to the latest beta (release5) but the previous beta seemed really stable, no issues at all, the connection drops I was having (likely related to DNS) on 4.5.6 are gone away now, so definitely good progress has been made

There appears to be an issue with GoodCloud. I have it enabled, however, it shows offline on the goodcloud portal. I was previously running it fine on 4.5.6. Going to 4.5.7 beta I did a clean install and configured everything once again. Below are the logs, with sensitive information redacted.

Fri Mar  8 17:50:14 2024 daemon.err gl-cloud[27414]: (gl-cloud:255) fetch server fail:-4	token invalid
Fri Mar  8 17:50:14 2024 daemon.err gl-cloud[27414]: (gl-cloud:510) reconnect mqtt in 160s...
Fri Mar  8 17:52:54 2024 daemon.info gl-cloud[27414]: (gl-cloud:164) fetch ca from:	https://gslb-eu.goodcloud.xyz/getCaCert/ca.crt
Fri Mar  8 17:52:54 2024 daemon.info gl-cloud[27414]: (gl-cloud:230) fetch server from:	https://gslb-eu.goodcloud.xyz/gslb/getTlsBucket?mac=REDACTED&sn=REDACTED&ddns=REDACTED&nonce=REDACTED&sign=REDACTED&token=invalid

Please try this:

Oh, thanks a lot! That worked :slight_smile: So I gladly report that I have no issues. Wired and wireless speeds are great with all of my devices so far. AdGuardHome working well, Wireguard VPN client and PPPoE as well, although I did change some configs as it was suggested for PPPoE in the main MT-6000 thread.

1 Like

I’m getting impressive iperf3 results reaching upto 1.32 Gbit when using my Pixel 7 and running the iperf3 server directly on the GL-MT6000.

5GHz, 160MHz + irqbalance enabled (but i don’t think irqbalance makes a huge difference).

The Wireguard WiFi speed is with the Pixel 7 better compared to my AX210 WiFi adapter.

The LAN Wireguard speed is still the same and reaching upto 850 Mbit.

1 Like

Firmware 4.5.7 (5/Mar/23)

My Google Pixel 7 is going offline and online again by no reason, randomly.

1 Like

How often is this happening for you? What are your WiFi settings? E.g. channel, bandwith, encryption, wifi band, etc.

I lost internet connection on some devices today, I rebooted the router and now it’s working, I kept settings while updating the v4.5.7 betas, not sure what happened :thinking:

1 Like

When this happens, you need to share the log here

I couldn’t, I was sending a huge work project and needed connection ASAP… next time I will

v4.5.7 dockerd can’t be installed “cannot find dependency kmod-dm”.
serious problem, being able to run docker is the main reason to get GL-MT6000 for the 1gb memory

1 Like

v4.5.6. wifi speed drops to almost freezing for 1-2 seconds every 30-60 seconds. does not affect file transfer, browsing, but making network gaming not playable at all.

v4.5.7 (3/4/2024) fixed it. hope it stays this way.

You should research better, :person_facepalming:

Please save us the crying about something you can’t install/run because your lack of research before you buy it contact CS and request a return, just my two cents :person_shrugging:

better keep your two cents to yourself then.

1 Like

Can we please stick to the main topic?
The repos are often broken inside the beta builds - but it’s not about testing something like docker, it’s about testing if the main features are fully working now.

1 Like

If there is a scope for testing pls indicate so. Otherwise, one would assume testing the full spectrum of fountion. We are not beta testing a product in development. Customer is asked to beta testing a product commerically sold a few months ago that turns out to be broken because of insufficient beta test bedore its release.

3 Likes

The current scope is normal usage by using the GL functions that are provides out-of-the-box.
Wi-Fi is the most important thing, second by speed all in all.