New web store and AR750 pre-order

We used the same git on github to compile the firmware. AR750 is not compiled by me so I cannot confirm if there is a problem. Will check.

Somehow it worked the second time… strange :slight_smile:

I noticed in logread that the SoC is QCA9533, but according to the specs it must be QCA9531? :slight_smile:

About external antenna- After taking a peek inside I can see two other antenna points on the board, Ok to connect external antenna to the board in this way? I have taken pictures, but haven’t uploaded them yet. I’ll respond later with some pictures to show what i’m asking. But thinking it wouldn’t be hard to add two external antenna provided the board supports it. I guess really i’d like to know which antenna connects to which radio, so I can be sure i’m using an antenna capable of 5ghz …

@unlo, only 5G will have an uFL connector and an external antenna. You will not be able to connect 2.4G antenna directly.

So both UFL connections I have added are for the 5ghz radio only?

The firmware I compiled in my earlier post is working, but only on 2.4Ghz. The 5Ghz LED is lit, but only the 2.4Ghz network is available. 5Ghz isn’t shown in the GUI or with ‘wifi config’ in the console.

I enabled the ath10k package when compiling, but the driver isn’t in the end result. Have I done something wrong? :slight_smile:

Edit: Yes I have…I use the image builder to create the final image and I forget to include ath10k in the image builder ;( Now it’s working!

@fleskalebas Let us know if you have a link to where you might be hosting said firmware :slight_smile:

@unlo, what is happened! How did you connect an antenna to the radio calibration connector? You can see that the 5G connector is uFL and it is different from the other two connectors.

@unlo, I just tried you can plug the uFL to the radio connector by force. But this doesn’t take effect and it may damage the uFL as well. Only use external antenna on 5G please.

oops! Can you tell me which is which? Perhaps it’s labeled but my eyes aren’t the best! thank you for advice

@alzhao – also, not too worried about the switch config page, I broke my switch off, hastily putting the board back in! :frowning: oh well. this one is for experiments only. i’ll surely get another. cheers

The uFL is actually a male connector.

Two other radio calibration connector is female.

You can check there are three connectors. One uFL, two radio calibration connector. They are physically different.

Oh. So the Only uFL is the one the internal antenna is connected to. Well these radio <span style=“color: #222222; font-family: source_sans_proregular, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif;”><span style=“font-size: 19.0667px; background-color: #f9f9f9;”>calibration connections fools me. </span></span>

About external antenna- Does it work, if I connect external 2.4G antenna to the two female radio calibration connectors with male Connector you see in the picture?

FL%20male%20connector

No no. It is not female uFL connector. It is for radio. You cannot connect antenna

What are all the 5GHz channels supported by AR-750?

It support channels other than those for DFS.