NextDNS in latest firmware?

you could try this.

i haven’t tried it but i’m running DoH over Adguard Home.

While the nextdns docs state you need Openssl 1.1.1 or higher, the stubby method on ar750 works fine.

I have configured it on B1300 with stubby and on nextdns account it shows the device is all set and using nextDNS. So do you think it is DNS over TLS already set properly?

good if it works for you. i’ve had instances of it stopped working after a few days until a reboot.
hence i’ve switched to DoH.

Same issue on v3.104 on Convexa-S. Stubby suddenly drops the connection and I have to go disable “DNS over TLS from Cloudflare” then re-enable it.

How do you do DoH on the router?

easy way is to use Adguardhome.

and configure nextdns as your upstream server. I disabled the option to use filter list as the memory on B1300 is a bit small for that. YMMV.
do note that Adguardhome also uses local Openssl, so if stubby DoT fails, this will face the same issue.

I cant upgrade from version 3.027 on B1300 as PPPoE stops working on later releases and it hasn’t been fixed.

Is there any way to use NextDNS over TLS other than stubby as connection drops on and off and I restart router.

I’m facing same issue with Stubby and I restart router 3-4 times in a day now. I’m using nextDNS Pro.

that’s a bummer. if you want to take it into your own hands, one way is to compile the DoH package yourself, or switch to vanilla Openwrt, or manually install and run Adguardhome on your router.

Or, asking the devs to update Stubby and Openssl

1 Like

Good idea)))
:+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

If devs update it in next firmware I will still be stuck as PPPoE isn’t working after 3.027 for B1300. My both B1300 units have the same issue.

maybe try set up your pppoe via Luci instead of the GL iNet UI?

AdGuardHome + Next DNS as а upstream server for AGH is very good solution for me. My b1300 work fine with this custom.

Can you guide how you did both? Are you using stubby with NextDNS?

i think he’s using the 3.104 adguardhome b1300 firmware. you said upgrading beyond 3.027 causes your pppoe to stop functioning. so unless that gets sorted for you it won’t be easy.

@reflector absolutely right))

I’m thinking to connect WAN port of mt300n-v2 with LAN of B1300 and setup PPPoE on MT300. I want to use B1300 as main router. Will it help?

And one more about Next DNS and B1300.

Few times ago i was tried to install this script. Installed the latest beta (3.104).

Output:
root@GL-B1300:~# sh -c “$(curl -sL https://nextdns.io/install)”
sh: .: line 948: can’t open ‘/etc/os-release’
ERROR: Unsupported OS: Linux
ERROR: Unknown bin location for
INFO: OS:
INFO: GOARCH: armv7
INFO: GOOS: linux
INFO: NEXTDNS_BIN:
INFO: LATEST_RELEASE: 1.6.4
ERROR: Cannot detect running environment.

Perhaps this happens because /etc/os-release don’t exist? Please, correct ))

@mitron
that won’t work because the architecture isn’t recognised by the automated installer script. you can however, since B1300 is based on armv7 to get the binary files here and put them
in the router to run it.

@realjohny
similar situation if you want to run AdGuardHome on the router, i have an ar750s running this and i am using the linux_mips binary. B1300 should work with linux_arm.

Followed instruction on the page to install NextDNS on B1300

Got same error. How you put file into the router? Using WinSCP ? Can you please guide where to copy and command to run it.