NFS on GL-AR750S: access denied to SD card share

Not much to add here, I guess. I followed this guide: [OpenWrt Wiki] Network File System (NFS) and when I try to export my SD card which I’ve formatted with ext4, it exports okay but nothing can connect to it despite this configuration:

user@Wormhole:~
% cat /etc/exports                                                                                                                19-11-10 - 14:25:08
/mnt/disk1/user	x*(rw,anonuid=501,anongid=501,all_squash,no_subtree_check,insecure,sync)

All connections should be getting squashed to the user’s uid and gid with this and all IPs are allowed. What’s going on?

I saw in the guidance link you provided that the following firewall rules need to be added

$IPT -t raw -A INPUT -i $IF_LAN -s $NET_LAN -p tcp --dport 32777:32780 -j CT --notrack #-- don't track nfs
$IPT -t raw -A INPUT -i $IF_LAN -s $NET_LAN -p udp --dport 32777:32780 -j CT --notrack #-- don't track nfs
$IPT -t raw -A OUTPUT -o $IF_LAN -d $NET_LAN -p tcp --dport 32777:32780 -j CT --notrack #- don't track nfs
$IPT -t raw -A OUTPUT -o $IF_LAN -d $NET_LAN -p udp --dport 32777:32780 -j CT --notrack #- don't track nfs

As far as I know, AR750S firewall does not have raw table, do you install it?

Not to my knowledge. I actually don’t know what that’s for.

So I added those rules and nothing changed. When I changed “x*” to “192.168.8.0/255.255.255.0” it started working. I don’t know where the x came from – it added itself whenever I restarted the server while having * in front of the definition.

1 Like