No Client IPs in AdGuard Logs

Hi,
on my Brume2 I do not see any Client IP addresses in the AdGuard Log only local host is listed instead of the client. But the Client uses the AdGuard.

The Log looks like this:

The DNS Settings like this:
DNS1

My fritzbox is DHCP and has the IP 192.168.99.240
The brume2 runs as Drop-In-Gateway.
What’s the reason why my clients all are listed as local IP?

Best regards Wolf

There are 2 methods to show local IP addresses in AdGuardHome in this thread:

However, VPN policies will not work with either method when dnsmasq is not used.

I do not work for and I am not directly associated with GL.iNet

1 Like

If you do need VPN policies, here is an article on adding a Pi Zero to the USB port to keep adguardhome available for DNSMasq to forward to (I mentioned it before but forgot where I read the article).

Thank you very much for the link - it helped me to unterstand the problem. But unfortunately it did not solve it. I setup a port forward rule to the local IP but even after reboot it did not help.

I do not use any VPN. And as DHCP the Fritz Box acts. Has this maybe to do with the Drop-In-Mode why it does not work for me?

There are 2 methods in the thread. I have not used the first method by qdolan for port forwarding.

I currently use the 2nd method in this post:

Did you turn this on?

1 Like

Yes the “AGH Handle Client Requests” is turned on.

That’s awesome - this little change in the two config files did the trick :grinning: :rofl: :star_struck: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like