Opal and Wireguard IPv6

Alright I bought this OPAL router (GL-SFT1200) I was trying to get a wireguard server running but my ISP has my network behind a nat with their own main ONT and won’t allow me to get out of the NAT or access to a dynamic IP, neither to set the ONT as a bridge so ipv4 access is impossible.

I want to be able to configure the wireguard server so it strictly uses ipv6, and to create wireguard config files for my devices with ipv6 to the server, is there a way to do this? if it is through commands in ssh please just let me know which ones to use, English isn’t my main language so please don’t over complicate my head, I’m pretty much a beginner on all this.

I’m using the latest beta firmware 4.x

Don’t use beta if really want this seriously looked at.

Yes, you’ll need SSH access. Here’s a quick overview of what you’re looking to do:

• The paradigm of ‘client/server’ in WG is a misnomer but it’s easier for people to understand. In reality it’s all peer-to-peer.
  • WG peers are found at /etc/config/wireguard for Clients (eg: you use Mullvad VPN)
  • WG peers are found at /etc/config/wireguard_server for Server (you’re setting up your own WG VPN)
  • vim is installed by default but the nano editor is a helluva easier to use (opkg update && opkg install nano)
  • nano /etc/config/wireguard_server
1 Like