Opal (GL-SFT1200) gigabit wireless travel router is coming soon!

Our new travel router – Opal (GL-SFT1200) is just around the corner✨with dual-band Wi-Fi, gigabit speed, IPv6, VPN, Tor and more.

Sign up to receive product updates and get notified at the first place when it’s open to order :arrow_right: GL Technologies (Hong Kong) Limited

Is there an MSRP on this?

Maybe 39.9

But please wait for the final price when it is online.

Excellent thanks. Is there an approximate time frame? Like before end of this year or Q1/Q2 next?

I think it will be online this month and ship next month.

1 Like

Alfie, how is performance of Opal compared to the Beryl? Size and form factor seem identical.

MT1300 has better performance.

Opal is cheaper.

1 Like

The GL-SFT1200 is built on the Siflower SF19A28 . Sadly the product is missing current drivers and Siflower does not seem motivated to produce any either. The firmware provided by GL-iNet is “based” on OpenWRT 18.x running on top of an outdated 4.14 linux based kernel (circa 2017). OpenWRT 18 was released in December 2020 and is no longer supported so if you need additional packages from the repositories you are probably out of luck as they may be incompatible. On other gl-inet routers I could resort to downloading an OpenWRT image and overwrite the GL-iNet firmware. Not so in this case. If I can’t get software that is at least as current as the hardware then this is getting returned. I’m certainly not going to invest the time in compiling it myself when the main issue is that the manufacturer could not be bothered to do so themselves. Does anybody have OpenWRT for this device on a reasonably current kernel version?

1 Like