Opal SFT1200 Download Images

I recently bought an Opal SFT-1200 Router. Was just curious this one still runs 3.206 when almost all gl-inet’s have 3.211, some running openwrt 19.07 and this one running 18.06.

My question is, is there any expected date for an update and have openwrt images available for download?

Cheers.

This one will stay with 18.06.

We will fix bugs once we get reported then upgrade firmware. If no bug report, no update.

Pls note, other product upgrade from 3.203 to 3.211. 3.206 has already fixed most of the bugs.

Hi @alzhao

I understand, then the bugs found on this brand new router are:

• IPv6: When you enable it, the router assigns a ULA prefix but it has an issue instead of being in the ULA range fd00::/8 it assigns an address like: dd15::/48 it shouldn’t start with d. Due to this bug, IPv6 its pretty useless unless you use a native address. (This was temporary solved editing /etc/init.d/gl_ipv6). This happens when using Mode NAT6. (Solution was here: Strange ULA prefix in stock Beryl)

• Wifi 2.4Ghz: Currenlty in Europe i can’t use wifi channels more than 11 even though that here, regulation allows to use channels until 13.

• Wifi 5Ghz: Channels are not available on the DFS section (I understand that equipments dont have yet DFS support built in) but i can see channels from 149 to 161 which here are forbidden.

• Wireguard Client: I can’t add one IPv6 to the “IP Address” section. If i have an IPv4 and an IPv6 always returns “Invalid IPv6 address”, i can add it importing a file but not over the web page.

• Wireguard Client: You can’t add multiple networks in the Allowed IPs section. This should be a textfield instead of a text input box since it can be really longer depending on your needs.

Those are the ones i found at the moment, will continue reporting on this thread.

IPV6 and wireguard bug will be fixed.
Wireguard, pls add IPV4 address first then IPV6.

2.4G channel will be fixed in firmware 4.x, hopefully.

DFS cannot be supported.

Hi @alzhao

• Wireguard order is always ipv4 then ipv6 and always get an ipv6 address error.
  • I understand that DFS is not supported. I meanthat channels 149 and up to 161 are not usable or illegal to use (Here in Europe) in a wifi but ‘auto’ always picks one of those.

Hi,

Another issue found is installing AdGuardHome.

After it says it has completed, the Adguard Process doesn’t start and when selecting the option of “Star AdguardHome Process” it responds with “Api not available”

1 Like

Hi
it is not possible to establish a connection with an eap network (WPA2-EAP) such as wow fi networks. it happens that the fields to enter username and password come out but when you click on connect this does not happen. (In repeater mode)

1 Like

I don’t think this model runs adguard home.

But if you have to run, install “gl-agh-stats” not “AdGuardHome”

Hi does this mean that we will get a firmware update for this?

and once possible, can we flash Openwrt v 21.02 as well like the Beryl?

low support for this model, I’m a bit sorry to have bought it. it has so much potential in its hw that it is not gratified by its fw

I don’t agree with you.

Firmware are updating but only fix bugs. But no plan to update OpenWrt version.

“Hi
it is not possible to establish a connection with an eap network (WPA2-EAP) such as wow fi networks. it happens that the fields to enter username and password come out but when you click on connect this does not happen. (In repeater mode)”

I wrote this a few posts above, no one replied to me… And for months I have been using the router turning on by lights because through the graphical interface gl I can not access networks with WPA2-EAP…

I missed that. EAP is not supported on this model. It is not likely to support in the future.

Pls check supported models here.

in luci gui i can connect to an eap network and works well. but using gl inet gui i can’t connect.

wished i took a closer look at this post before purchasing two of them, my post afterwards

i will in future only purchase GL.net products if they are on this table

2 Likes