Openvpn login error

Hi

Have the AR300M and have been using Mullvad for VPN login however, after I upload open files it asks for Username and Password and

Mullvad only has client numbers. Wondering how I go about getting this to work and authenticate properly?

Nothing guys??

In this case, I presume the client numbers are the user/pass!
This is really a question for your provider support and not here but have a look and see if this helps:

Yeah I reached out to them and i used the client number and a login they gave me and i checked the forum link you gave there and read through that. I am still having the same issue.

<span style=“color: #555555; font-family: monospace; font-size: 14px; white-space: pre-wrap;”>OpenVpn is connecting … > Last log RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: sg.mullvad.net:1194 (Name or service not known) > RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: sg.mullvad.net:1194 (Name or service not known) > Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 protocol > SIGUSR1[soft,init_instance] received, process restarting > Restart pause, 20 second(s)</span>

The log shows that the domain name cannot be resolved.

Does the router has Internet connection?

Did you set up a custom DNS that can only work when vpn is connected? This could cause the issue.

Yes the router has internet connection and have used without vpn. As soon as I try to do anything VPN related i get the above error. This is brand new and setup the internet and works fine. I then started setting up VPN but nothing else has been messed with. DNS is default device dns.

Im going to return the product. Im glad its worked for some people but now even after several hard resets the wifi turns on and off intermittently. Shouldn’t be this problematic.

It is wired for no Internet access. Did you use repeater or cable WAN?

It is OK to return. But if you can work out then it is better. Generally there is a simple reason.