OpenVPN not working even with latest test firmware

I created an openvpn connection at home and while I can connect to it from both my phone and my laptop I cannot seem to connect using the gl-ar150. When I upload the ovpn file, it doesn’t ask me for a password for some reason like the guide states so when I connect I receive the follow error

OpenVpn is not started

Last log
OpenVPN 2.3.6 mips-openwrt-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [EPOLL] [MH] [IPv6] built on Mar 14 2016 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2g 1 Mar 2016, LZO 2.08 Error: private key password verification failed Exiting due to fatal error

Hi, because your ovpn file is private, we didn’t test its compatibility. Can you send us a testing oven file, better with testing username and password for test? You can send us via email: service@gl-inet.com

I have sent the email with a sample ovpn complete with username and login. Thanks.

I’d like to add that I’m using PiVPN script to create this using openvpn but it follows the openvpn standard very closely.

I tested your file and relied your email.

I’m also getting the exact same error message.

Also using PiVPN.

Is there a solution yet?

I tried adding auth-user-pass to the ovpn file but it still gives me an error. I’m using a non standard port because its more secure so I wonder if that is also an issue.

OpenVpn is not started

Last log OpenVPN 2.3.6 mips-openwrt-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [EPOLL] [MH] [IPv6] built on Mar 14 2016 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2g 1 Mar 2016, LZO 2.08 WARNING: file ‘/etc/openvpn/auth/2016094209.txt’ is group or others accessible Error: private key password verification failed Exiting due to fatal error

PiVPN is the vpn server on Raspberry Pi. Seems this is a problem caused by auth related configuration from the server. I hope to try later.

I’ll leave that vpn account open for you to help.

So this is just an assumption, the PiVPN contains the .crt key built into the ovpn. I used my private internet access account while here in Germany and I grouped the germany.ovpn with the crt2048.crt key in a zip file so I think maybe this is the reason its not working. I’m going to try and separate it out later and see if I can get it to function.

Is the account still usable? Last time I got auth error so I thought it is wrong password.

I took it down but let me send you a new ovpn file in the email. You’ll find the TLS, CA, and CRT all built into the ovpn file

just wanted to thank you in this forum so others who might be inquiring in the future know that PiVPN works very well on the ar-150. I appreciate you going out of your way to make this work for me. I’ll be buying my next home router from GLI.

Just one note that the firmware supporting PiVPN is from V2.23-3

Hope there will be too many different configurations of PiVPN.

Hi,

was this resolved, and how??

I just tried to make a VPN connection using an ovpn file I created myself and I am getting the same error message.

The ovpn file works fine on my laptop and my mobile.

The vpn server was made by myself on a raspberry pie 3, I am using a GLI AR300M router with the latest firmare.

No password is being requested when trying to make the VPN connection on the router, although a password is required for the ovpn file to work.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks.

What firmware version are you using?

Can you send me your ovpn file for testing via email? alzhao @ gl-inet dot com

Hi Alzhao,

email sent, thanks :).

I replied your email. Tried your ovpn. There is a bug introduced recently for private passphase. I fixed in firmware v2.25 and will upload asap.

Ive got the same problem using PiVPN and i don’t get asked for the password how can i fix this or what do i do. Thanks