OpenVPN profile has been submitted - the router connects

OpenVPN profile has been submitted - the router connects. To the openVPN cloud and is all good. When I connect a client to the iNet it connects and I see it in the console. But, there is no internet traffic and I see in the console of iNEt

--------- I keep getting this throttle nad no results meaning I cannot surf. ---------

SIGHUP[soft,ping-restart] received, process restarting

DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to ‘AES-256-CBC’ but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM). Future OpenVPN version will ignore --cipher for cipher negotiations. Add ‘AES-256-CBC’ to --data-ciphers or change --cipher ‘AES-256-CBC’ to --data-ciphers-fallback ‘AES-256-CBC’ to silence this warning.

OpenVPN 2.5.2 mipsel-openwrt-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD]

library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1n 15 Mar 2022

Restart pause, 5 second(s)

Are you connecting to Openvpn Cloud?

What is the router model and firmware version?

Pls specific and we will try.

Yes my configuration was – internet router to GK-mt1300 AC1300 – GL-MMT1300-37d – that is connecting to the OpenVpn firewall land connecting to it without any issues 00. i see it in their web interface ---- then I have clients contacting to the MMT1300 device without any issues I can connect via webbrowser to the device but it does not go anywhere else from there – everything is staying within that private network

Have you set up another network to provide Egress to the Internet?

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet.

I think so. I worked with the tech team from OpenVpn and they had me set various paramaters and reimport the provide into Inet with the same result. Perhaps you can tel mem what parameters to try to see if that is what we did… I do remember they said to do something with Egress. I thought it. was their side, But they think it is inet side.

OpenVPN Cloud does not provide Internet access and routes you to your own Internet:

For what it’s worth, I tested using GL.iNet routers with OpenVPN Cloud a few months ago and never got egress working, after following the OpenWRT procedure/documentation on their website. I also contacted their Support who said they have OpenWRT routers in the lab and had me make various configuration changes, but still did not get egress to work. I sensed that their Support was doing trial-and-error and did not really undertand the technology.

Please let us know if you get it working and how.

1 Like

YEs noting — I don’t understand what OPENVPN cloud message is saying above? Can someone explain it to me?

The “SIGHUP” message is a signal to hang up the connection for some reason.

The “DEPRECATED OPTION” message is only a warning and I have seen with GL.iNet routers with OpenVPN that still work.