OpenVPN Static Challenge

I’m having issues logging into a VPN where the client is using a static-challenge for the Google Authenticator code. The popup for the code does not appear in the web interface and the connection attempt hangs.

Is there a way to get this to work on the GL-AR750S?

This can only be achieve if you start openvpn via ssh.

What you can do is: first, choose the ovpn and start it via the UI. Of course it will not connect.

Then you ssh to the router, you can find the openvpn process using ps -w
You can record the full process, kill it and start it manually

openvpn -f /etc/openvpn/xxxx.ovpn 

I have attempted to kill and start the openvpn connection using the command provided, but it doesn’t work.

I typed in: openvpn -f /etc/openvpn/client.ovpn

I received this message from the terminal:
Options error: I’m trying to parse “-f” as an --option parameter but I don’t see a leading ‘–’
Use --help for more information.

you need to use ps -w to get the real process with parameters before kill openvpn

You should use –config instead -f

I have attempted this again, using the following:

{processId} -f /etc/openvpn/client.ovpn

{processId} -config /etc/openvpn/client.ovpn

Both of those commands show this response:
-ash: {processId}:not found

Please provide the full command that I need to run. What do I need to include regarding the process? Are there additional commands that must be run first?

Note: {processId} stands for the random numerical value assigned to the process, which is what I input in my command.

It is double -

The forum made it like one.

The following commands were tried on my router:

{processId} --f /etc/openvpn/client.ovpn

openvpn --f /etc/openvpn/client.ovpn

Neither of these were successful in restarting the service. Again, if you are willing to respond, I’m grateful, but please include the entire command necessary in your response.

openvpn --config /etc/openvpn/client.ovpn