Our first Wi-Fi 6 router Flint (GL-AX1800) is available for order now!

@alzhao hi, do you know date when Gl-iNet start send parcels?

It is sending out now.

1 Like

We are speak about parcels with Flintā€™s right?

Yes for sure. Started to sent from Sep 30

1 Like

Will Flint router be available in Amazon.com USA?

1 Like

Hope to get t

Hope to get there by Black Friday. But not easy.

1 Like

When will be it avaliable in Amazon Europe (Italy)?

1 Like

today I received my flint.

what can I say? itā€™s awesome! :+1:

1 Like

@myGLiNet where are you from? Iā€™m from Russia. Iā€™m send mail to support, they say send my parcel 30 sep, but iā€™m steel have not track number, and have not info where my 2 pcs. Flintā€™s. May be support give me new info about it on the forum.

germany
delivered with fedex

1 Like

I did not get my tracking number until it was a day away from delivered (or at least they tried to deliver).

Flint have ā€œBand Steeringā€ (DAWN)?
Flint support 802.11k, 802.11r, 802.11v?

Do we know the wifi radio chipset yet? is it the same manufacture or configuration as the BERYL? If so GL inet youā€™ve failed usā€¦ I have SLATE and BERYL running together in my Toyota Prius because I cant tweak the BERYL wifi like I can the SLATE! To top it off some of my automation devices cant connect to the BERYL wifi but SLATE works fine. black.jmyntrn.com

Flint have qualcomm wifi chip, Beryl have mediatek wifi chip.
Beryl it is a very good device. Im think problem in your router config.

Slate which use QCA chipset has the best open source WiFi support, which you can tweak a lot.

1 Like

no, the BERYL is not open source WIFI is the problem. Itā€™s the first router Iā€™ve had that does not allow wifi configurations in native luci, you can only modify WIFI in the gl.inet router GUI.

like alzhao mentioned, SLATE is on QCA chipset, I truly hope the FLINT is on a open source wifi chipset else I will be disappointed i gl.inet.

Beryl is have very good Vanilla OpenWrt support and have open source wifi driver. Flash vanilla OpenWrt and your Beryl is super router. Me like two Gl-iNet routers Mango and Beryl they are have very good vanilla OpenWrt support.

Flint have closed wifi driver.

it sounds like you have not flashed a BERYL, when you do your statement will change. You shouldnā€™t recommend a process that you have not personally implemented.

Flint has closed source wifi driver, no doubt, no argue.

No wifi6 chipset is fully supported in latest openwrt.

Incorrect, the E8450 has wifi6 and working with openwrt.