Perl Net::SSLeay and IO::Socket::SSL Modules on AR300M?

Hi,

I started using my AR300M as a real machine instead of treating it as a dumb appliance (no offence). My use case will be a small independent monitoring box for my network. Surveying ports and IP addresses with a shell script works. Then I went into notifications, I wanted boxcar and emails.

I got the boxcar stuff working by installing

opkg install perl

opkg install perlbase-essential

opkg install perlbase-socket

opkg install perlbase-io

but sending notification emails brought me to a halt. I’m trying to use sendEmail.pl which relies on Net::SSLeay and IO::Socket::SSL and they’re obviously not installed by default.

And I can’t find a way to install them. Is this even possible? Am I barking up the wrong tree? Is there another way to send emails from a shell script? (Cross)compiling them myself is not something I want to get myself into.

Can someone please point me the right way?

thanks a lot

Simon

I’d like to help, but have no experience in perl

In the meantime, I got to learn a little python. So I thought I’d give my project another spin and tried to implement it in python.

Lo and behold, your packages include everything I needed, including SSL and stuff.

So the first version of my script was finished after a few hours. Just awesome what this little box can do.