That’s really strange, did you test to try another port on the main router, and/or another cable?
I don’t know what router you are using for the main router, but let’s assume it has 3 lan ports and one WAN port, so the wan port is used to get internet in the main router.
- Connect your mini router to the main router, use a LAN port on the main router and the WAN port in the mini router.
- Connect to your mini router, wifi or lan is not relevant.
- Tip in the browser “192.168.8.1” (without “”) and you will go to the user interface of the mini router and do a “first time setup” https://docs.gl-inet.com/en/2/setup/first-time_setup/
If you can’t connect to the mini router user interface in the browser, do:
3.1 Wait a minut and try again, if still not
3.2 Reset the mini router (press and hold the small button on the router for 10 secund, release and
wait for 2 minuts) and go to step
4. If you don’t have internet do https://docs.gl-inet.com/en/2/setup/internet_setting/#dhcp
- Still not Internet, connect to the main router, go to “192.168.1.1” in the browser and try to locate the network setting, where you can see what/how many devices are connect to your main router. If you can not see the mini router. Change the LAN port at the main router. And begin again at step 2.
If you have no internet connection on the mini router or can not see the mini router in the main router try another ether net cable. If still not work try another LAN port and another Ethernet cable. If still not, new cable and port.
If still not work after you tried all ports on the main router, and various Ethernet cable, I think the WAN port at the mini router is broken.
If you have a wifi device, connect to the mini router via WIFI, connect the main router and mini router with the LAN port at both devices. Wait for 2 minutes and if you have internet on the wifi devices (smartphone/laptop) you can be sure that it’s not the main router or Ethernat cable fault, but that there is something wrong with the WAN port at the mini router.
The DDNS is “your unique domain name. You can visit from the internet”. The intern IP is not bad if other can see, but MAC address yes. But I also censor intern IP.
EDIT: There could also be a problem in the DHCP in the main router. If you only set the DHCP in the main router to give out 5 IP addresses and already 5 devices are in the network, new devices will not get an IP.