Power consumption, SlatePlus vs. Beryl?

I own a Beryl, and was recently gifted a Slate Plus to Beta test.

On the average, which consumes less power for the same configuration- the Slate Plus or the Beryl?

Some background: my AXT-1800 is my main travel router; it does everything I need when on the road.

But when I’m home sometimes I work at places with no WiFi, so I bring my LTE Hotspot along, and because I need to do the “TTL Trick” to get full-speed data, had currently been plugging that into the Beryl I keep in my laptop bag, which is then powered by a USB-C battery pack (the whole thing, HS, Beryl and battery stack nicely on one another, so it’s not as unwieldy as it sounds).

So, which would give me greater battery life? I use the Beryl(/Slate+) as a basic router, no WG or AdGuard, and it would connect to the laptop via WiFi.

p.s. - I wasn’t going to “look a gift horse in the mouth” and all, but I have to admit I’m not sure what the differentiation is between “Beryl” and “Slate Plus” actually is- what’s the GL-iNet product roadmap look like between those two devices?

In their catalog they show the Beryl as <6.5W and the Slate Plus as <6.5 W as well. They show the Slate AX as 8.75W.

I have a similar situation in my RV. It has solar power on the roof and a 105A board battery (let’s say a little bigger powerbank), but this needs to be shared with every day power consumption.
I have an eye on the Shadow, quite a time. Not the best performance, but much less power needed.

There are two situations for me:

• Camping site with land power and poor WiFi coverage.
    Here I would use the SlateAX. Best amplification of the signal, suitable power consumption.
  • In front of a fasst food restaurant or similar.
    Here I have only my board power and the WiFi coverage depends a lot of how far my RV parks from the building. There is a signal, bit noch much bandwidth, anyway. The Shadow should be a reasonable solution in power consumption and provided security via wireguard.

Quad core processor with a higher clock rate, so OpenVPN is faster, WG even more so. Much more room and processing capacity for add-ons, at the cost of losing the card slot. For my use case, it would be a better fit than the Beryl. For your use case a Mango might be better.

… and between the two (of some 7) of the devices I have, the Beryl (and its slower clock rate and fewer cores) would be better then, you think?

Not much difference I think. With my 10000 mAh power pack you’d get, what, 4 hours out of that setup, starting and ending with a full hotspot battery?