PPPoE screwed after B1300 latest firmware

As soon as I upgrade 3.027 to the latest firmware PPPoE is gone. No other parameters change, be it ISP, cables, router location, router, or weather. But one thing is consistent which is zero support from GL-Inet on this basic issue.

Sorry man. It is not zero support but seems we cannot solve the problem here. Do you have two connections on your pc so that we can remotely debug this problem?

@realjohny

Question are you “upgrading” the firmwares via the GL interface or using uboot?

I have 4G besides the normal fiber connection.

I have tried both GL Gui and Luci not uboot.

I also don’t have pppoe running on new firmwares. I wrote to tech support, but I didn’t get any help. looks like zero support, very bad

1 Like

So there is someone who is experiencing the same and support doesn’t seem to address this. Earlier I recommended these routers to everyone but no more. Don’t want people blame me for these routers not working for them on PPPoE.

I’m unable to get PPPoE working on my Beryl GL-MT1300 without enabling IPv6. Does anyone have any links to old firmware I could try please?

Try 3.201 here GL.iNet download center

Problem fixed but not sure if merged in this firmware

there is no firmware for the B1300.

I will push for B1300

B1300 is treated as orphan child.

technical support helped solve the problem with pppoe.

So only remove /etc/sysctl.d/99-disable-ipv6.conf to enable ipv6. Please have a try, run comand:
rm -f /etc/sysctl.d/99-disable-ipv6.conf
reboot

my pppoe is running on fw 105

I tried but it doesn’t work, same thing.

I have figured out that any firmware after qsdk-b1300-3.027.img doesn’t work on B1300 with me, PPPoE won’t connect.

Unfortunately, support is not acknowledging this or fixing it and this is the reason I am not buying any new product of gl-Inet or recommending to anyone.

https://dl.gl-inet.com/firmware/snapshots/3.201_beta6/b1300/

they wrote that there is a problem, and in 201 it is fixed. try to put, b6 is quite stable.

I tried this firmware and it bricks B1300 every time. I have two B1300 and both had the same issue every time.

I took B1300 with 3.027 (which is the last firmware thar worked at my place) to a friend in another state and it has the same issue, it simply can’t dial with PPPoE authentication and can’t detect signals from ISP.

hey @realjohny I think I got the same problem did u manage to resolve the issue?

the problem is solved on the new firmware.
3.211 - Date: 2022-01-27 05:17:27