Preparing a firmware based on current openwrt build

Hey all. This is my very first message in here. I hope I’m not doing anything wrong. I’m not very familiar with forum culture. If so please accept my apologies. Currently I’m using my mango (gl-mt300n-v2) with the lastest official firmware (v3.025 which is based on openwrt 18.06.1) and I want to update firmware of the device. I know I can do this by directly installing vanilla openwrt build (18.06.7 or 19.07.1), but when I do that, I’ll lose good looking gl-inet gui and other helpful stuff. How can I compile newer openwrt based firmware with gl-inet gui and rest of other things (vpn stuff, dns over tls settings etc). Is there any guide for this?

I want this GUI w/ newer openwrt based firmware

18.06.1 based gl-inet firmware

1 Like

gute Idee ! kann dir da aber leider nicht helfen.

Danke für Ihre Unterstützung.

You need to use imagebuilder and create firmware with all gl ipks

Thank you. I will try that!

Sorry, I couldn’t achieve what I wanted. Actually I’ve successfully compiled my firmware but it’s still says v3.027 which is based on 18.06.1.
I’ve tried both git tag and git branch commands for switching to lastest openwrt stable realease but no luck.
Could you please make a mini tutorial if you don’t mind? Thank you in advance

In github, GitHub - gl-inet/imagebuilder: Warning!Please look at 'GL.iNET Imagebuilder Introduction' section.

the example is for generating a firmware 3.x, right?

Hi, we have not to upgraded the OpenWRT version to (18.06.7 or 19.07.1).
But we will support it as soon as possible. Thanks.

1 Like