Problem Installing OpenVPN on Clean CC Install

I get:

root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install openvpn-openssl
Installing openvpn-openssl (2.3.6-5) to root…
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05/ar71xx/nand/packages/base/openvpn-openssl_2.3.6-5_ar71xx.ipk.
Collected errors:

• satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for openvpn-openssl:
  •  kernel (= 3.18.20-1-a44d8090b8f752ec1d96871dbbb8988a) *

• opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package openvpn-openssl.

The download location is pointing to OpenWrt as opposed to GLi repository. There do not appear to be any GLi firmwares related to this repository. Index of /chaos_calmer/15.05/ar71xx/nand/

You do not state the source and version of the your image or what device you are using. This would be helpful in validating or finding the correct repository.

Thank you for your help. I am a noob.

This is an AR300M.

I compiled the image using the instructions at Overview - GL.iNet Docs

I guess that means my original source is: GitHub - domino-team/openwrt-cc: openwrt CC with Domino/GL patches

I hope this helps.

if you compile your own firmware, be sure to compile all the necessary kernel modules. Otherwise you cannot install them.

The easiest way is to compile all the software packages (including kernel modules and user space packages) into the firmware.

@Alzhao

Can you offer advice on how to do that?

I looked for OpenVPN libraries and “kernal modules” on “Make Menuconfig” and didn’t see anything that makes sense.

You just need to choose openvpn-openssl and all the dependencies will be selected.