Problem with tor on ar300m and onien-firmware 1.4

He friends,

i have a problem with ar300m-router.

first, sorry for my bad english.

i flashed the firmware 1.4 domino openwrt-ar300m-ubi-tor-1.4.img. the web-if say ethernet connected. tor connected. i tested the tor-connection with browser (safari) by torcheck xenobite.eu and this website say Your IP is NOT identified to be a Tor-EXIT. So you are NOT using Tor to reach the web!

Who is the problem?

Thank you for your answers.

greets

Make sure the switch is on the left side. Refer to the docs here: Overview - GL.iNet Docs

Hello, thank you for your answer.

Yes, the switch is on the left side. I tested: Your IP is NOT identified… and i can use des admin-webinterface. I tasted the right side: Your IP is NOT Identified to be a tor-exit and i can use the webinterface also. the status of tor is: CONNECTED.

I will check AR300M.

Thank you alzhao and have a nice day. :slight_smile:

He alzhao, have you a solution for me? I wish you a happy new year.

I am also stock with AR300M. it is bricked!

The flashing process uploads the image file successfully but gets stock and it doesn’t work as the router stays as is.

There should be a way to get it back to its original firmware.

Sorry, i dont understand. im flashing the original firmware and then the domino firmware and then its working?

I cannot even flash the original firmware.

The router is bricked! I can only upload the firmware but nothing else!

<span style=“color: #eb4b00; font-family: source_sans_proregular, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; background-color: #f9f9f9;”>alzhao </span><span style=“color: #eb4b00; font-family: source_sans_proregular, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; background-color: #f9f9f9;”>should be able to help us</span><span style=“color: #eb4b00; font-family: source_sans_proregular, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; background-color: #f9f9f9;”>.</span>

@sch.marco, I tested the firmware again and it works fine.

@abukabhs, you need to tell us which firmware you upload. How you upload? In uboot?

Hello @ all

Sorry for my very bad english

How install or flash i this router gl ar300m for TOR?

I net this for private browsing and online banking

sch.Marco do you speak german?

I hope for help

Download the .tar file from here: GL.iNet download center

and upload to the router using the admin web ui as here: Overview - GL.iNet Docs

DON’T RESERVE SETTINGS.

Hallo

My ar300m dont boot
I was in the web ui uboot but no flash.
Upload from the firmware is ok
I make this with tor and with openwrrt 2.25 firmware. Or is this the wrong firmware for debrick
I used on linux and windows
All led goes fast 2x on than nothing.
1 first green led is on
I wait over 10minutes.
Is the router brick?
I cant debrick
Please help
Greets from germany

@damain, sorry I cannot understand clearly. Seems you installed the Tor firmware from the stock firmware v2.25 now it doesn’t boot? Now you want to debrick using uboot?

It is the first green led on.

And all minute the second green and red shootly.

First, green LED is on. After one minutes, the middle and right LED light up, right?

This indicates that the device is working properly.

Can you connect its wifi?

Please check the guide of how to use Overview - GL.iNet Docs

Hello @alzhao,

Took more than 3 hours for me to understand the way the tor firmware working.
I get the firmware from this link: GL.iNet download center

Uploading and flashing no issue.
Default SSID = PORTAL with password = goodlife

With switch turn on to right side, we can access and edit using browser on UI page (default: 192.168.8.1)
Tor status connected on landing page after login.
but https://check.torproject.org/ showed “Sorry. You’re not using TOR.”

With switch turn on to left side, we can not access UI page on browser. I try SSH, connection reset by peer.
but https://check.torproject.org/ showed “Congratulations. This browser is configured to use Tor”.

My question: Is it the right way at this moment? Put the switch on the right side for configuring the router. Put on the left side for using tor, but no access for configuring the router.

Thank you.

Yes, you are correct. The docs is here: https://www.gl-inet.com/docs/openwrt/tor/#reset-button-and-hardware-switch-usage

Anyway, this should be displayed in the UI so that you don’t waste several hours to understand this.

By default the switch is on the left, so we use left side for Tor.