Puli AX (GL-XE3000) Input voltage

What is the input voltage range for the Puli AX (GL-XE3000)? I’m looking for an alternative power source (such as a USB-C to barrel plug adapter).

Thanks

On the assumption that the XE3000 takes the same voltage as the Spitz AX X3000 the input voltage range is 9-36V. I use this barrel plug with my X3000 in my RV. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089K7LDMS There was a thread a while back on this very question but in regards to the X3000. You can find more information there.

For the USB-C idea it’s my understanding that you can combine a USB-C PD power brick and a special USB-C cable that request 12V and use that with the router.

Edit: Min voltage corrected to 9V. Credit to @RVer

Thanks for the reply. I saw that thread as well. Since this model has the built in battery (and charger) I didn’t know if that had any impact.

One small correction, for those of us who occasionally allow the RV batteries fall slightly below 12V: the X3000 supports 9-36V DC: GL-X3000 Spitz AX input voltage range - #2 by Tim-Zhang

I do agree that, for those using a USB-C PD adapter - definitely use a USB-C to 12V barrel adapter (5.5x2.1mm barrel plug).

Thanks for the voltage correction. I thought it may have been 9V min and had planned to confirm that and edit my post but totally forgot.

1 Like

XE3000 has internal battery, and the battery has safety risk if leaving it in a high temperature environment. So XE3000 is not suggested to be used in RV.

XE3000 input voltage is 9~16V.

1 Like