Puli (GL-XE300) - Disable 4G LTE Modem

Hello,

I want to disable the 4G LTE Modem permanently.

I know that I can send an AT command to disable the modem (AT+CFUN=0) but I want the change to persist after reboot.

I only want to enable/disable the modem (if necessary), but the modem to be ALWAYS DISABLED on Boot.

How can I do this?

Thanks,

I think it remembers the state it was in when you power off the modem (well, that’s what I’ve observed). So if the LTE has been shut down prior to turning off, then it won’t start on the next power on.

Cheers.

On my side, if I shut down manually (or reboot) the device, the LTE state is not remembered.

How do you shut down your modem? By issuing the AT Command: AT+CFUN=0?

I have the Firmware version 3.201/Quectel EC25 (Revision:EC25AFFAR07A08M4G)

Thanks,

I found almost the solution in these 2 posts:

The method #2 seems the best to control directly the power of the modem.

I tried the solution with, and without, a reboot but unfortunately it does not work.
Proposed solution: echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/xxx:usbpow/brightness

“xxx:usbpow” is not present, so I try with the following one “gl-x300:green:lte”
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/gl-x300:green:lte/brightness

Someone have an idea? why “xxx:usbpow” is not present?

Thanks,

I’m running 3.203 based on this post as I need the manual configuration to be remembered.

I just use the buttons in the UI and the hardware button, so after pressing “Disconnect” and then just powering off, the next time I power on the modem doesn’t start. Conversely, if the modem is up and running when I press the power button, the next time I start the device, the modem starts.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I have the EP06-A modem, not the EP25.

Cheers.

For XE300, pls use this file to control power of modem

enable

echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/lte_power/value

disable

echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/lte_power/value