Rebooting loop Beryl AX (GL-MT3000)

This is not the reason of reboot.
Could you connect UART to your router?

I have to order one.
It can take some days before I get the unit. Is there I can do meanwhile?

I double Checked the log file. And there is no useful information for reboot problem. So I doubt whether it reboot or not.
Could you please tell me what phenomenon that make you think it rebooted?
Our engineer is also help to confirm the log file.

When you plug the device the lights start to indicate activity and the wifi networks appears after 20/30s. A few moments after that lights turn off and the cycle starts again.

Thank you for the addition info . So maybe the device is not reboot. we wonder if the LED behaviour is wrong when the network is in the rebooting loop.
So the device is always in the loop or you need to do something to trigger it ?
Any device is pluging on the Beryl AX ?
Please forgive me so many questions, because I want to know more details

Could you please to help to update the info ?

The device is not always in the reboot loop. Sometimes after plugging the power it boots correctly, but after a few minutes (2-20 min) it reboots itself and enters a rebooting loop.
Sometimes when the power is connected it enters the reboot loop directly without any successful boot.

I attach a video with the led lights pattern. The first boot is ok, but it reboots itself and enters a reboot loop.

Beryl ax reboot problem

I tested with/without usb connected, with/without ethernet cable connected, with/without repeater configured, as AP with cable in WAN and after factory reset and uboot flash. Same results. Only some differences until the reboot cycle is started.

do you have another type c charger or power bank that can output 5V3A ? try using those to power the router, or change to another power socket

you can also try with slate ax power adapter

A different power supply is a good idea, but it does not need to be 3A or even 1A. The MT3000 pulls about 2.6W at full load (if nothing else is connected)

the power issue was my first guess, so I tested the original power supply, other usb-c chargers (with PD 3.0 implementing 5V >=3A), a plain 6 port 60W usb-a chagers able to provide 5V 3A (tested with a dummy load), power banks and different cables, both usb-a to usb-c able to carry 15W and usb-c symmetric (100W and 240W).
Same issue.

2 Likes

This is the first time we encounter this problem. In order not to affect your testing of other cases, do you accept us to send you a new GL-MT3000 for testing?

Hi,
if I am the unique having this issue, it seems a hardware issue.
I bought PL2303, but it will take a few days to arrive because of xmas, probably next week.
I suppose I can get another unit (better if tested before being sent) for the testing, as not it is not possible currently. Later with a better diasnostic of the faulty one with the uart debug, returned with a label if fixable or decided for tracking better the error. PCB seems fine, can attach a few pictures.

I saw the video. And it should be a hardware problem. we hope to get the bad one for further analysis,could we please to replace a new one? our coworker will contact you.

Hi, I got today the PL2303.
I attach some logs extracted from uart debugging.

1- Log after a factory reset. Just in case. No reboots.
berylax fresh factory settings uart debug.log.zip (17.5 KB)

2- Device is configured as repeater for a nearby signal using a laptop, a phone is later connected to reproduce a youtube video and the router enters a rebooting loop. Many reboots included in the log.
berylax repeater rebooting loop uart debug.log.zip (253.3 KB)

3- Working as a repeater for a far away signal, no antenas (from factory settings, it is configured as repeater and turned off, this log is a fresh start after being configured as repeater, antenas off, so it fails to repeat), seems more stable but a reboot finally happens:
berylax faulty repeater uart debug.log.zip (68.1 KB)

Thank your for your in-depth testing. our dev suspected it as a HW problem. Please help to deliver the device back to ShenZhen(our coworker will contact you).And could please take a full pic of the test scenery so that we can quickly restore .