Recommendations for WISP mode?

I just got the GL-AR750S (Slate) and plan to use it in WISP mode to share Wifi Internet access with wifi clients. Since this device is only dual-band, would I get the most performance if I use one band exclusively to connect to the wifi internet and the other band exclusively for wifi clients? If I use the same band for internet and clients, my guess is that performance will be lower since the single radio has to time-share between all clients and the internet connection.

I was thinking of connecting the 5Ghz band to the internet and using the 2.4Ghz band for clients. Reasoning is that 2.4Ghz is more battery friendly for clients. But I’m open to arguments for the opposite.

Or does the slate have two radios and so I have them both connected to either 2.4 or 5Ghz? IE: 2.4Ghz to internet and 2.4Ghz to clients OR 5Ghz to internet and 5Ghz to clients?

Yup, it supports WISP and AP mode concurrency, which means you can use 2.4GHz to Internet and client connect to 2.4GHz AP.

However, if you use 5GHz to Internet, and all clients only connect to 2.4GHz, it would better.

5G or 2.4 determinded by the main rounter s signal and enfluence the maximum speed in wisp ,signal frequency must keep the same 。i use the same ssid of both 2.5g 4g wisp also can work.client also can conect 5g to internet .but when i use different ssid it often off line.and close the 2.4g mode. do you have the same phenomenon?

Better in what respect? Kindly explain.

5GHz repeater is faster than 2.4GHz. If you only use it as repeater, it will decrease interference.