Repeater Mode Configuration Issues

Hi All!

Apologies if this has been asked before - I did try and do a search, but couldn’t find the answers I was looking for.

I have a bought a GL-AR150 to extend the range of my wireless network from a Netgear Nighthawk R7000. I have tried setting the WAN of my AR150 to “Repeater” in WISP mode, then setup a static IP on the LAN settings (set a different IP from the WAN IP on the same subnet, then set my gateway & DNS servers to the main router’s IP address) & remove the DCHP server & disable the firewall on the AR150. Unfortunately when I do this, I don’t get internet connection when a device connects to the AR150.

I have previously just setup the AR150 WAN connection and set the Wi-Fi SSID & password to the same as my main router. This works, but periodically devices would randomly experience Wi-Fi issues and need to disconnect & reconnect to Wi-Fi to resolve - annoying given I have smart home devices which don’t have interfaces to allow for easy disconnection/reconnection to a Wi-Fi network.

I’m probably doing something very simple and stupid wrong here, but I can’t figure it out - all I’m basically looking for is for the AR150 to act as a range extender :).

Can anyone help?

Can you tell me how you set up WISP and then set up static IP, gateway and DNS server? Where did you set this and possible to get a screenshot.

Seems in the default UI when you set up WISP, it will use DHCP and the gateway and DNS server is got automatically.

I set the IP address from the advanced menu, I think it’s under Interfaces -> Network then edit the LAN settings from there. The configuration looks like it works initially, but my phone will periodically mess up as described in my first post. I’ve attached screenshots.

You are making wrong settings for LAN.

As the WAN IP is 10.0.0.x and LAN IP is 192.168.8.1, why you want to change this?

Also seems you want to make your devices on the LAN get IP from your main router. You cannot set settings like this. It doesn’t work.

You have to use WDS (if supported) or relayd.

Check here Overview - GL.iNet Docs