Repeating two WiFis

Hi,
I own a AR750 and I’m trying to repeat two separate wifis on each radio. I’m repeating the xfinity wifi service, but using only one connection seems unstable. So I’d like to repeat one on the 5GHz radio and another on the 2.4GHz radio, so that I’d be able to tell people in my household to connect to the other if one wifi does not work. I’ve tried to do this setup in the advanced settings (LuCI below) but both networks would direct the traffic through only one of the connected xfinitywifis and one wifi (although connecting successfully) does not pass through anything.

It is possible to set up two wifi connections but it may not work stable as you think. Also, setting up loadbalancing or failover like this is too complicated. Not recommended.

If you connect to same residential hotspot gateway on 2.4ghz and 5ghz it shares the bandwidth which is max 30mbps bandwidth.

Did you assign both 2.4ghz and 5ghz wireless mac addresses to xfinitywifi can’t use same mac address for both or it conflicts.

i have setup 2.4ghz xfinitywifi and 5ghz xfinitywifi with mwan3 load balancing from 2 residential gateways and get 60/11 when signal is perfect.

1 Like