RFC: Option to exclude LuCi during custom build

I need to build a very custom image for the MIFI, including several extra packages. To save space, I want to exlucude LuCi, but still using
GL.iNet packages choice shortcut → Select basic packages
to make shure, relevant packages included for MIFI.
As I also need to include support for VPN/wireguard, USB.

It would be very convenient, to have an additional option under
Select basic packages
to include/exclude LuCi modules.

Imagebuilder is recommended. You can find it here.

Sorry, but I also need to modify standard Makefile for certain package. To build from src is simpler then, usually. However … actual build in git-repository is broken.

Uh, to build your source code you can use SDK.

Following your recommendation, I
tried imagebuilder for MIFI. Quite a few issues:
./gl_image -p mifi
Finalizing root filesystem…
/etc/openwrt/imagebuilder/imagebuilder/3.0/openwrt-imagebuilder-ar71xx-generic/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/root-ar71xx/etc/init.d/glqos: line 3: /lib/functions.sh: No such file or directory
/etc/openwrt/imagebuilder/imagebuilder/3.0/openwrt-imagebuilder-ar71xx-generic/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/root-ar71xx/etc/init.d/glqos: line 4: /lib/functions/network.sh: No such file or directory
/etc/openwrt/imagebuilder/imagebuilder/3.0/openwrt-imagebuilder-ar71xx-generic/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/root-ar71xx/etc/init.d/gl_tertf: line 3: /lib/functions.sh: No such file or directory
/etc/openwrt/imagebuilder/imagebuilder/3.0/openwrt-imagebuilder-ar71xx-generic/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/root-ar71xx/etc/init.d/gl_tertf: line 4: /lib/functions/network.sh: No such file or directory
/etc/openwrt/imagebuilder/imagebuilder/3.0/openwrt-imagebuilder-ar71xx-generic/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/root-ar71xx/etc/init.d/wireguard_server: line 3: /lib/functions.sh: No such file or directory
/etc/openwrt/imagebuilder/imagebuilder/3.0/openwrt-imagebuilder-ar71xx-generic/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/root-ar71xx/etc/init.d/wireguard: line 3: /lib/functions.sh: No such file or directory
/etc/openwrt/imagebuilder/imagebuilder/3.0/openwrt-imagebuilder-ar71xx-generic/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/root-ar71xx/etc/init.d/wireguard: line 4: /lib/functions/network.sh: No such file or directory
Create ‘/etc/openwrt/imagebuilder/imagebuilder/3.0/openwrt-imagebuilder-ar71xx-generic/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/root-ar71xx/etc/filesystems’.

Add ‘ntfs-3g’ to known filesystems.
./etc/init.d/firewall_gl: line 9: uci: command not found
./etc/init.d/firewall_gl: line 10: uci: command not found
./etc/init.d/firewall_gl: line 11: uci: command not found

Building images…
Unable to open feeds configuration at /etc/openwrt/imagebuilder/imagebuilder/3.0/openwrt-imagebuilder-ar71xx-generic/scripts/feeds line 48.

Broken or not ?

The errors are normal. You should see it finalize the image lower down in the output.

The errors are normal.<
I appreciate the fact of fast response, however I do NOT appreciate the contents of it.
How to decide for a user (customer !), whether the image built will work or not ?
May be, the “… finalize the image …” is an error, too ?
Irritating error messages are to be eliminated.

You actually get such errors even from the OpenWRT imagebuilder, depending on what packages you select.
It is not a GL issue, it comes from how the imagebuilder installs packages.

Imagebuilder uses opkg to install ipk. As you know, it supports execute shell script after installing ipk. Those errors appear as the shell script is running on your host machine. It is normal.