RTC for AR-300M

Noticed I can only utilize one GPIO 16 on the motherboard for an RTC clock. Is there a suggested point for second GPIO connectivity?

I found a smaller RTC clock to utilize that will fit nicely inside of the case.

I’ve installed this RTC in another device and it is working well.

Well if you have hardware skills you can make GPIO 17 work. This can be done using resistor to pull the IO.

You can use one IO from the switch. The switch connects two IO but only one IO is used.

Thank you alzhao.

On my tinkering workbench I have a large circular lamp with a center positioned magnifying glass which helps with tiny endeavors such that I am thinking I can do this. The RTC is about 1/3 the size of the previously utilized device such that it should be an easy fit.

So then:

Well if you have hardware skills you can make GPIO 17 work. This can be done using resistor to pull the IO.

Ahh…read some more… Would I put the pull up resister between GPIO pin 17 and 5VCC to get it to work eh?

or just use GPIO zero by the switch?

In the case of I2C, the circuitry internal to the SCL and SDA processing subsystems of the chips you’ll use are “open drain”, which means they can sink current, but have no way of sourcing current. That means you supply it to them in the form of the logic high voltage of your circuit (a quote from some I2C document).

What value resistor would you recommend?

Reading this stuff:
<h3>I2C Logical High and Low</h3>
The “Low Input Level Voltage”, r<sub>L</sub>, is 0.3 x Vdd
the “High Input Level Voltage”, r<sub>H</sub>, is 0.7 x Vdd

Found a data sheet for the QCA9531.

Funny today needed one resistor of some value and couldn’t find my bag o resistors…found them - variety here.

Would the bit banging be the same as I did on the Gl.iNet6416?

Along with said endeavor of an RTC clock also installing a tiny GPS (finger nail size) for time sync (in to time here) and making it an NTP serve of sorts.