Setup tuts

The site is complaining that I made so many posts, unfortunately it only allows me to put one pic per post.

It appears to me everything is correctly setup from my end?

For this test I turned off my carrier service and turned on wifi on the phone.

I post several, each pic is posted to answer one of your questions so you can see exactly what I see.

It is not bringing up the router setup page using xxx.1 or xxx.105.

According to the literature I should be able to connect to the Opal router using my phone wifi, then access the setup page on the router, then set the router up to connect to the hotel hotspot, then connect all my devices to the Opal router either through cable or the router wifi.

As we can see from the pics, I can connect to the router, but the setup page does not come up.

I believe the pics respond to and answer all your questions?

If they dont let me know what further information you need.

Now I am at home and continuing the setup using my other cell phone as a wifi hotspot to connect to the router.

I have no idea how but it magically logged on!

Here is the cell data that is set up for the hotspot on 2.4g band.

So I tap on scan, it finds the hotspot, I scroll down to the SSID, select it, then type in the password, the little dial circles around for some time and nothing.

No errors, no next page, absolutely nothing.

I connected to the router with a table to see if it had internet and nothing.

So here I am, stuck again.

Have you configured the wifi ?

Set your preferred wifi name and password, and for now set the wifi security to wpa2-psk

No its stuck on that screen, you can see where I blacked out my hotspot name and password.

Like I said I tap join it just spins circles and stops with no messages, no connection, no internet.

Everything else that I own connects fine!

Yes I see that you are inside 192.168.8.1 already

Before you tell the roiter try to join to another wifi or hotspot, have you configured the wifi settings ? Wifi security set to wpa2-psk

And tap scan first, not join

I did tap scan first
Then a list came up
Then I selected the correct hotspot
Then I entered the password
Then I tapped join
It did not join.
No hotspot connection.

It does not give me the option to set outbound wifi I presume because I can not connect to a hotspot for it to repeat.

Looks like your phone VPN is on, you need to turn it off to use the router page

still does not work

Can you get the log?

You’d better have a pc that you can ssh to the router and get the log.

I found a solution, I bought a netgear 6120 and had it set up the same way I was trying to set yours up in less than 10 minutes just by following the instructions.

Im sorry people but this opal unit is way too much screwing around for my taste. I highly recommend making it a little more user friendly followed by instructions that actually work. Seriously, that netgear was as close to plug n play as one could wish for.

Thanks for trying.