Sim card pin locked

Hi, I’ve changed sim card in my X750 device. After power up I typed new pin (replacing) old one. Unfortunately I received ‘sim card not registered’ error. After putting sim card to mobile phone again I had to type PUK to unlock sim card. It sees X750 locked the new card by trying to use incorrect pin three times.

Shouldn’t modem emit error when wrong pin is set and stop card unlocking with wrong pin?
How to type PUK code from X750 web interface?

Are you using QMI mode or ttyUSB?

If your modem has pin, you have to use ttyUSB. In that case you can input your pin.

My sim card has pin. I can already type it via web interface. The problem is with software trying wrong pin till sim card is blocked. After that it doesn’t even asks for PUK and I had to use mobile phone to unlock sim card. Fortunately I had my PUK code around.

What I mean it seems whole SIM PIN interface is not safe and can easily lock your SIM for good if only forgot PUK.

I see. Maybe @luochongjun can have a check.

If you enter the PIN code wrong, the device will try again and again, more than a certain number of times will cause the SIM card to lock, this is a BUG, I will fix it.

If the SIM card is locked, you can unlock it by AT+CPIN=“PUK”,“NEWPIN”.
Example:
AT+CPIN="26601934","1234"

1 Like

Whats status of fixing this bug?

@luochongjun @alzhao what is status of this bug?

Please, could someone confirm if this bug has been fixed? I have a Mudi travel router and apparently the SIM card is now blocked and asking for the PUK number because of the issue originally reported on this thread. I would argue forcing the PIN number to the point of blocking the SIM card and not even have an option on the GUI to unblock it with the PUK number to be a serious bug to not fix three years after it was reported.

In fimware 4.x, if you use wrong pin, the firmware will only try one time and stop dialing.

But pls don’t manually connect multiple times with the wrong pin.

1 Like

Out of curiousity: my android phone has a setting about requiring the pin to use the SIM. I turn it off, and the unlock code is no longer required. Would something like that work here?

That is removing the pin, right?

Yes you can remove the pin via a phone.

In fimware 4.x, if you use wrong pin, the firmware will only try one time and stop dialing.

Looking forward to it being available in the stable channel. Hopefully this and other issues with the Mudi will be sorted out. Thanks