Slate AX firmware 4.1.0 beta 2 is out

Thanks to you, it’s amazing to finally have Multi-WAN settings on the UI.
I just want to add this: as I said, setting the repeater to the highest priority works, but if I connect the VPN client, Wireguard start using Ethernet connection.
At this point, if I physically remove the ethernet cable, Wireguard start to correctly use the repeater connection and if I put the cable back it stay there… but stopping and restarting the Wireguard client makes it using Ethernet connection again…

1 Like

Do you start vpn before failover? Then it is a problem. VPN seems does not failover because the connection already built.

Will check if there is a solution.

VPN failover to different network may cause trouble, e.g. the vpn service disconnect your connection temporary.

Uhm… actually the failover when the vpn is started works absolutely great. Yes, there is a very brief disconnection but the vpn start working again in a few seconds, not really a problem.
The only problem I see right now is that the Wireguard client force the use of the ethernet connection even if the reapeter has higher priority. But once it’s connected, if I physycally remove the ethernet cable, the wireguard client “jump” to the reapeter and it works just fine… I hope I explained it well…

When set to REPEATER with the highest priority and Ethernet second, the correct case.

1. If both are available, wireguard uses repeater
  2. If repeater is not available, wireguard uses Ethernet. When repeater is available, the wireguard switches back to repeater depending on whether the Forced Switch Interface is enabled or not

Yeah, it should use repeater. But it’s using Ethernet no matter what when I start the client. That’s the exact problem. Even if repeater is avaliable and everything is working correctly BEFORE starting the Wireguard Client, as soon as it connects it chooses ethernet over repeater. Enabling the forced switch doesn’t change this behaviour.

This is a bug, we are fixing it.

2 Likes

Awesome news, Thanks.

I Just noticed that in 4.1.0 beta 2 VPN policies menu is working the other way round: if you choose “USE VPN” like in the picture, it means that is NOT using the VPN. Everything was fine on previous firmwares.

Yes. We reversed the select box.

So if the select box display “use vpn”, the domains in the list should use vpn. This is more visual intuitive.

In previous version it is exception list. So you need to think reversely.

As you said the select box display “use vpn” but in reality the domains in the list are NOT using VPN, so it the other way round. Just try it.

The it is a bug. It should be as described

Finally, I saw my Slate AX fan is running :slight_smile:

Hi, may i know why the android app for gl.inet yet to be updates to 1.3.1 because currently am unable support the latest beta version of 4.1.0 on both router Flint and Slate AX as well. Thanks!

Thats a crumpet warmer :laughing:. We will be needing the official branded Gl.iNet ROG areoactive cooler 6 in Slate black.

What did it cool it down to before it turned off, if it turned off? How loud was it.

For some reason Google play update slow. Can you download apk directly?

The apk version also 1.3.0?

I just upload the apk of 1.3.1(119). Check here.
Compared to 1.3.0(118), 1.3.1(119) only fixes a bug that GL-B2200 fail to add a sub mesh node in certain case.
The app is still under development for features related to firmware 4.1.

Download from where 1.3.1?

@Leo

My Flint (4.0.1 B2) is still not showing clients in cloud management mode even with new app version :roll_eyes:

Google Play still in review the version 1.3.1(119), don’t know why they take a very long time to review recently.

The app 1.3.0(118) & 1.3.1(119) support most of the features of firmware 4.1, except some new features, like Multi-WAN, Drop-in Gateway Mode. Still working on it.