Slate AX offered new firmware 4.4.5 but then it fails

“openwrt-axt1800-4.4.5-0811-1691742281” is released as stable for GL-AXT1800 Slate AX , and “openwrt-mt3000-4.4.5-0811-1691754744” for GL-MT3000 Beryl AX. They are used for different device.You can check the model of your device and download the corresponding version.Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to bring to your attention an issue I encountered when updating my Gl-Internet firmware to version 4.4.5. I hope this report can help others who might be experiencing a similar problem.

Problem Description:
As soon as I installed Gl-Internet firmware version 4.4.5 on my AX1800 Flint router, I encountered a critical issue with my broadband connection. Specifically, when using a PPPoE connection with the Octaplus Fiber provider, I received the following error message: “The interface is connected but the Internet cannot be reached.” This effectively blocked my broadband connection.

Steps Taken:
To isolate the issue, I reverted back to the previous firmware version, and my broadband connection returned to normal, indicating that the problem was indeed linked to the 4.4.5 update. I then reinstalled the latest firmware (4.4.5), and the broadband connection issue reoccurred, confirming the firmware as the root cause.

Recommendation:
I kindly request that the Gl-Internet team investigate this issue and consider removing firmware version 4.4.5 from the stable version repository until this critical broadband connection problem is resolved. It appears that this update is not compatible with PPPoE connections from the Octaplus Fiber provider, and it could potentially impact other users as well.

Additional Information:

• Router Model: AX1800 Flint
  • Internet Connection Type: PPPoE
  • Internet Service Provider: Octaplus Fiber
  • Previous Firmware 4.2.3
  • Faulty Firmware: 4.4.5

I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and hope for a speedy resolution. If there are any specific logs or additional information needed to assist in troubleshooting this issue, please let me know, and I’ll be happy to provide them.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best regards,
[sergio ]