Hi - I bought a SLATE AX recently as your guidance states it support PEAP - can you let me know what I need to do to configure it to use PEAP by a WAN connection…
Do you mean connect to PEAP wifi network as repeater?
No - I want to authenticate using PEAP by a wired connection - University of Surrey uses PEAP - bandwith is much better over Wired than WiFi…
Network name or SSID: eduroam
2. Security type: Choose one of the following options depending on how it is worded in your
operating system: 802.1x EAP / WPA2-Enterprise AES / WPA2-Enterprise
3. EAP method: Choose one of the following options depending on how it is worded in your
operating system: PEAP / Protected EAP (PEAP) Authentication Method (sometimes called
Phase 2 authentication): MSCHAPv2 / Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP-v2)
4. Username / Identity: @surrey.ac.uk
5. Password: use your Surrey password
6. Certificate / CA Certificate: Please choose the certificate you downloaded and named earlier
Can you advise what I need to do to configure this?
Take a look at this: OpenWrt-router as 802.1x-client · GitHub
From my experience when using LuCI, complete the GL.iNet wizard (password) then go straight to LuCI and configure it like normal OpenWrt router to avoid conflicts with GL.iNet panel settings.