Slate GL-AR750S - Beta Firmware

I own this great travel router since Feb 2019, and I always loaded into it the latest beta firmware available. It is currently at Version 3.215 beta4. No problems found during a few trips I had. I use the VPN capability to have safe WIFI at public places. I am willing to become a beta tester for GL.iNet prducts in general, and I have already registered using the link provided in Facebook. I run an YouTube channel with reviews of a different products, including electronics. I am not sure whether I can provide a link to my channel here, therefore I am not doing that. I am happy to join the GL.iNet forum. Thanks.

2 Likes

Thanks! Team is working on beta testing now.

Thanks. Since I already own the device, if there is a newer beta version not available for sownload at the web site, I am willing to load it onto my device and help with the testing effort. As I mentioned ealier, I am running already Version 3.215 beta4. Thanks.

There is 4.2 snapshot for AR750s
https://dl.gl-inet.com/?model=ar750s&type=snapshot

2 Likes

Hi All,

Would like to check whether this is a known issue.
Testing the “4.2.2 beta1” and the device can’t seem to see other SSID (blank) to connect to (tethering).
Is there some adjustment needed to be done for this beta version?

Thanks.

I don’t quite understand. Can you explain?

hi @alzhao

When the device (slate on 4.2.2 beta1) try to browse for WiFi SSID to connect to (repeater mode), it doesn’t list the SSID available (either 2.4 / 5ghz). So wondering if that is expected?

thanks.

I tried 4.2.2 beta and it works OK for repeater.

This link does not bring the snapshot firmware anymore. Is there a new link for the AR750S snapshot daily firmware? Thanks

Check this one GL.iNet download center

The download page was re-designed.

It is the same link I had tried before. With the redesign it is now missing the snapshot section to enable download of the daily builds.

It’s probably because the ar750s is EOL. So no more builds.

It may be EOL, but per the support page, it is not at end of support.

Support Ends: Until October 26th, 2024

Slate (GL-AR750S-Ext) End of Life (EOL) Notice - GL.iNet

1 Like

Also if you are ever concerned about running old firmware in the future you can always install vanilla openwrt as it is supported openwrt hardware as recent as 23.05.

https://openwrt.org/toh/gl.inet/gl-ar750s

I prefer to stick with the gl.inet release as I don’t allow incoming WAN access and I like their simple admin interface, with luci interface there in case I want to do anything extra.

1 Like

The snapshot builds are under construction now.

1 Like

Question about the Slate’s System/Update page. My Slate is currently on stable version 4.3.7, and the new style firmware update page is showing another newer stable version 4.3.10 is available, but my Slate’s System/Update page is showing the 4.3.7 firmware is up to date. Why isn’t it showing the newer 4.3.10 version update is available?

Firmware is up to date.

Current Firmware

• Version 4.3.7
  • Firmware Type release4
  • Compile Time 2023-09-13 15:36:46 (UTC+08:00)

Download the firmware and do a manual update. I have seen this behavior in routers for other brands also, where a new firmware is released and the auto download/install reports the system is at the latest. Actually, it just happened this past week with a radar detector firmware update, new firmware available and the app stating the device was already at the latest (but it was not).

Beginning from 4.3.7 the following applies (as per Release Notes) …
This version firmware does NOT include the following features:

• Automatic Upgrade

Download firmware and do a mnual update - works fine as I just went to 4.3.10 over the weekend.

1 Like