Slate problem. design a special all in one vpn built flashrouter to flash the factory firmware

we don’t know the meaning and when to use the following firmware. besides, we don’t know their functions well. could you please explain their meaning and functions? The firmware ending in the suffixes below.

1. igmp

2. s2s

Second problem. slate ext disconnect by itself and takes more than 8 minutes to power back…

Suggestion. Design a special flashrouter firmware which will have inbuilt vpns of all kinds so that we can to use it flash the factory firmware. build in all vpn services and providers so that once we flash the factory firmware, we just log into vpn and connect and the flash firmware should be updated periodically as vpn services are updated

Just need to put the information about IGMP and s2s into the release.txt. That’s what it’s there for. My reasoning is that I’m just doing “normal” things with my router ( VPN, Adblock, Wifi) so just use the “normal” firmware and don’t worry about IGMP or s2s but it would be nice to know what specific circumstances they’re used for just for interest sake.

In terms of preloading the VPN providers I’m sorry but that’s unrealistic in my view. NordVPN has 5000 servers and hence 5000 ovpn files, which I only use about 4. So we add 5000 files from Nord, and 5000 for another and… A nightmare both to keep up to date and for the end user to be able to choose a single subset of those servers based on their single provider. :frowning:

you haven’t answered the question… what does igmp do? when is used? what does s2s do? when and what is it used for? I may rather need them if I know their meaning and uses

Don’t work for GL-iNet and can’t tell you (and never said I could) . Just giving you my impressions as an end-user :stuck_out_tongue:

Now you should use normal firmware.

We put some other firmware for purpose of special use or special client. Now they are all beta firmware and you should just omit that.

About this please describe in more details. Seems this is abnormal.

This is a good direction but we will not buil the vpn inside the firmware, but rather we will use a smartphone app to do this.