Slow WiFi on Flint

I just received my Flint replacement a while ago. At the beginning, the Firmware of 4.1.0 was used, But the 5G WiFi speed did not exceed 300Mbps. After re-flashing with uBoot just now, The result is still. What should I do?

The attached picture is a screenshot of my test using iPerf3.
(Flint is connected to the computer with a cable)

For flint, 3.x provide better wifi speed.

I have flashed back to version 3.124, and the Wi-Fi speed is satisfactory. But the openWRT version is too old. When will the v4 problem be solved?

Hello, could you provide the OS and wireless NIC info? and what about 3.214 throughputs?

I use iPhone X, iOS version 13.3. I remember 48x Mbps for download and 24x Mbps for upload. (I use 500/250)

1 Like

I found an interesting thing. used Samsung S20 to test. Found that the WiFi speed is normal, without any abnormalities. But when I use my iPhone X to test, the speed is only less than 350Mbps.

The link below is the result of my test. (My ISP provides me with 500Mbps/250Mbps)

Samsung S20:Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
iPhone X:Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Great share, thank you.
It seems iphoneX only has one antenna working with Flint. So with 3.215 firmware can it reach up to 500Mbps?

I have only used 3.124, and my iPhone X can see 47x~48x Mbps at the fastest

I found an interesting thing. used Samsung S20 to test. Found that the WiFi speed is normal, without any abnormalities. But when I use my iPhone X to test, the speed is only less than 350Mbps.

By the way, one more thing to add. This is the Firmware I use 4.1.0 release 6

Could you try downgrade wifi firmware on 4.1.0 firmware for iphoneX test?
This issue is hard to debug, we have to rely on upstream help.

I will test and tell you the result in these 1,2 days.

By the way, if I want to restore, can I just use uBoot refresh?

Yes, uboot works, note to use the .img fimrware file.

OK, thanks for your reply!

It has been tested. Although my iPhone X is faster, it is still not up to the speed provided by the ISP.

The test method is still the same as yesterday. Let the S20 connect and test first, and then let my iPhone X connect. (The results below are the best of 5 consecutive)

Samsung S20:Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
iPhone X:Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Thank you very much for your test. So older wifi firmware has a better performance with iphoneX.
That gives a great clue. We’ll check if dynamic wifi firmware is possible to address the issue.

I think it is comparable to 3.214 firmware. More improvement is hard to accomplish.

I think the WiFi firmware that comes with 4.1.0 may have some problems with Apple products. You should continue to use the QSDK or TIP source code to build new Firmware.

TIP’s source code:GitHub - Telecominfraproject/wlan-ap

1 Like

If I don’t choose to use the new version of WiFi Firmware? Can I continue to use the old version?

This repo shows newer wifi firmware improves performance and stability, but actually it’s not better for iphoneX.
So continuing to use the old version is okay. The previous wifi firmware upgrade is to resolve crash issue repeating to a 160Mhz AP.
By the way, I test with my iphone8 it has more than 600Mbps download link throughput.

Wait, I have a question. So can Flint turn on 160Mhz?

Flint is only 80Mhz bandwidth