[SOLVED] Degraded WiFi performance

I don’t think ping really matters in this issue.

Your purpose is still use wireguard right? We are develop a UI to configure wireguard easily. Modifying files is difficult.

Maybe we can add luci-app-wireguard as well so that you can configure it.

Hey, sorry for not being around. Just to update the issue - I am apparently dumb and did not check everything. It was not the router at fault. It was my ISP throttling UDP connections, it just happened to be right after using a router with newer firmware.

Thank you for your time and effort to help me, and sorry that it was something as stupid as this. :slight_smile:

P.S. - would you recommend using the ath10k-ct drivers or the regular ath10k?

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know.

We tried CT firmware before but performance not so good. Didn’t try recently.

1 Like

Hi. what kind of wifi speeds do you get now? (without wireguard)… I need to know if wifi is stable now before ordering (planning to use vanilla openwrt).

Thanks

Just some info from me: you can just flash vanilla openwrt on B1300 and it works great.

Thanks for reply. So now wifi performance is fixed in current openwrt?

I installed OpenWRT 18.06.1 today and while the signal graphs in the web UI look really bad (first SSID is around 50%, second one 0%) my client devices seem to work great so far - in fact signal strength seems to be quite a bit better than before…

UPDATE: I did not actually try the guest SSID because in Android it looked fine. However, I cannot even connect to it. The other SSID still works fine…

Thanks for the reply. I was actually wondering about throughput… ie if you transfer files or download large stuff over wifi, what kind of speeds do you get?

Is it realistic to expect 400mbps+ over wifi from the B1300?