Sometimes boot NOR sometimes boot NAND

It is trouleshooting.

First set up environment

Second try and get result

Third think of other ways.

As I said seems that your uboot is bricked, which mean you may not fix it by yourself. If you want to try you can go as I said. But if you do not want to trouble this, generally I will just ask you to return and refund.

Okay troubleshooting does make sense. So I will see if there is uboot output. But you can say to me that you know uboot and can probably “think of other ways” to fix after?

If uboot is bricked, the only way is to desolder the flash, then program it using a flash programmer.

I don’t want to drag you too far at present.

Actually this is easy. What is the chip? How many pins? I do not know if I have correct clip. Also what do I use firmware file? (Remember when I upload new uboot is when it create brick.)

I find it more easy to flash than to uart. Just use flashrom?

Most difficult: how to open this case?

Oh. Well this is possible not less easy. I can not flash if I do not desolder?

Okay I am ready to begin to flash. What I require now is pins for chip (Winbond) and a very good reason why it is necessary to desolder (usually this is not necessary).

Is this correct data sheet: https://ru.mouser.com/datasheet/2/949/w25q128jv_revf_03272018_plus-1489608.pdf

What do you mean when your diagram has “TXD” and “RXD.” This is MOSI and MISO?

You have these crossed over. Usually for MISO and MOSI they are not labeled for crossover, so this is a little confusing. Please explain.

Also please tell me which file to use. Same as above? (https://github.com/gl-inet/uboot-for-qca95xx/blob/master/bin/uboot-gl-ar300m-20201224-md5-d06d53166f9eb2cb321c15c3ec0a87e0.bin?)

Thank you.

You misunderstood me. TX and RX is for UART, not for flash pins.

Sorry I cannot provide more support to desolder and flash using flash programmer. I don’t do that myself.

Then why do you mention this before as one option? I spend the day getting all equipment because you say this.

Well okay, maybe you can ask the engineer for pinout for Winbond (I think is 250128/5q ?) and also please ask if they have experience using flashrom for this.

Also, while you do this please tell me what you now do actual recommend that you can give exact instructions to do.

Oh also, there are two chips? NAND and NOR? Where does uboot stay?

Hello, am still waiting for reply about this. Please provide pinout of actual chip so I can flash. You said you do not know so please ask the engineers?

Also, please ask why it is necessary to desolder. Usually it is possible flash a Winbond when it is on the board. Thank you.

That is not really possible, anyway it is not trouble if you can please provide the tech details required to perform flash. The engineers must know very easily I am sure.

Sorry I cannot provide further technical instructions. It may be easy just to send you a replacement.

No that is not easy.

I did not ask for technical instructions. I asked for technical details, please. These are very different.

You are the person who introduced the subject of flash. Why introduce this subject if you can not provide the details to perform the action have recommended to me?

Sorry I cannot. For each step I need to check a lot of resource myself. I believe I cannot help you through and give up.

You say you cannot. But then you say “I need to check a lot of resource myself.” So actually you can but you choose not to?

Also, why do you not know this simple information? Or, maybe not you but the engineer should know this without even doing research.

Anyway your answer basically is the same as telling people “GL hardware is a secret and we do not release this information to the customers.”

Really this is your decision?

1 Like