[Special Edition] Introducing GL-SF1200, the Best-value Gigabit Wireless Router

Is there a way to get vanilla firmware from OpenWRT on this router yet? I’m planning on bulk buying some of these routers for project I have, but need to know if this possible before placing the order, as this is a prerequisite.

@bobobob Did you manage to flash on stock firmware?

Sorry until now there is no openwrt vanilla firmware. If you really have a large quantity demand, you can talk to our B2B team to customize the firmware.

There’s a fair amount of work that would have to be done to mainline this device into OpenWRT - and much of that would be on Siflower/Sichang, the SoC provider…

Good thread over on OpenWRT forum discussing this chipset

x2, Just got this one on amazon, wondering about Wireguard speeds as a client, as well as repeater capability.
(want to replace a mango v2 that is not picking signal well)

It looks like the GL-SF1200 has the same CPU as the GL-SFT1200, so probably gets the same VPN speeds.

The GL-SFT1200 is rated 65Mbps for WireGuard and 12Mbps for OpenVPN:

It did arrive and now acting as a repeater and Wireguard client. Replaced my ‘mango’ just because the signal was too weak to connect.
Needed to hard-wire a couple of devices on the other side of the house, which need to be connected to a different VPN. Works great!!

2 Likes